Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Ignore Me
CPU
I'm Ignoring
Graphics
Forum Rules !!!!
Hi, i have a probook 6470b with i5 3210m

All installed successfully, create ssdt with SSDTPRGEN.SH (latest version).

in some cases of work, some of them using EOS utility 2 for controlling camera during movie shooting, some of them transcoding video from Final Cut Pro X (that uses almost GPU only to do that), the vents spit out high temperature air, and HWMonitor shows 75º (C) average for cores and heatskin, it never was happen with mountain lion, only now with mavericks installed. Im using chameleon latest's version.

I have clean the vent for dust removal, and was very clean (now its completely clean).

There's a problem with mi SSDT? i think that is no. Its a Mavericks related issue?

Thanks for reading

Attachments

• Captura de pantalla 2014-08-07 a la(s) 16.10.14.png
    Captura de pantalla 2014-08-07 a la(s) 16.10.14.png
    36.7 KB · Views: 152
  • SSDT.aml
    1.2 KB · Views: 193
Hi, i have a probook 6470b with i5 3210m

All installed successfully, create ssdt with SSDTPRGEN.SH (latest version).

in some cases of work, some of them using EOS utility 2 for controlling camera during movie shooting, some of them transcoding video from Final Cut Pro X (that uses almost GPU only to do that), the vents spit out high temperature air, and HWMonitor shows 75º (C) average for cores and heatskin, it never was happen with mountain lion, only now with mavericks installed. Im using chameleon latest's version.

I have clean the vent for dust removal, and was very clean (now its completely clean).

There's a problem with mi SSDT? i think that is no. Its a Mavericks related issue?

Thanks for reading

Post ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html

Note: Your screen shot indicates improperly patched DSDT (Ambient temperature reading missing). Either that or you removed it from the menu... But ambient temperature plays an important role in CPU/heatsink temperatures.

Thanks for response!

I made my own DSDT, obviously applying patches from various sources, most of them from your sources. You're right, ambient temp sensor its not appearing, im attaching my dsdt and my ioreg, thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

And Sorry, its no i5 3210m, its i5 3320m

Attachments

• HP Probook de Tamara.ioreg
    2.5 MB · Views: 170
  • DSDT.aml
    136.1 KB · Views: 214
Thanks for response!

I made my own DSDT, obviously applying patches from various sources, most of them from your sources. You're right, ambient temp sensor its not appearing, im attaching my dsdt and my ioreg, thanks!

Consider using a different fan patch, or adjust the FTAB in the one you're using. If you use current patches, you'll also get ambient temperature.

Your temps are not unreasonable given a CPU/GPU under load and the fan patch you're using.

And Sorry, its no i5 3210m, its i5 3320m

For all practical purposes... same thing.

Applied Silent Fan Patch from Rehabman sources, now is reading ambient temp.

Its showing 40ºC ambient temp! and im in the midwinter! (joke)

"Your temps are not unreasonable given a CPU/GPU under load and the fan patch you're using."

Yes you're right, but i said, in ML was no overheat temps, and no noisy and heating air vents.

By the way, great patch, now if i render something in fcpx i hear the fan and feel de hot air, but when i stop rendering, the fan stops instantly

it could be FCPX? Apple always make their software more faster, and maybe this mean more demanding cpu/gpu work

Thanks

Attachments

• Captura de pantalla 2014-08-07 a la(s) 19.01.44.png
    Captura de pantalla 2014-08-07 a la(s) 19.01.44.png
    111.6 KB · Views: 265
Applied Silent Fan Patch from Rehabman sources, now is reading ambient temp.

Its showing 40ºC ambient temp! and im in the midwinter! (joke)

"Your temps are not unreasonable given a CPU/GPU under load and the fan patch you're using."

Yes you're right, but i said, in ML was no overheat temps, and no noisy and heating air vents.

By the way, great patch, now if i render something in fcpx i hear the fan and feel de hot air, but when i stop rendering, the fan stops instantly

it could be FCPX? Apple always make their software more faster, and maybe this mean more demanding cpu/gpu work

Thanks

With that fan control DSDT code, you have total control over how fast the fan spins at various speeds.

See here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-probook/72043-new-fan-control-dsdt-silent-fan-higher-temps.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back