Graphics
2x GTX 1080
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello,

Firstly I wanted to thank all this community because I finally built a great hackintosh with all your documentations and posts.
This is my first post here and my first real issue and I prefer to said I'm newbie in this hackintosh world.

All seems working fine here : audio, ethernet, display, cpu detection etc...That's almost perfect. Please find here my configuration :

- Asus P9X79 Deluxe (with last bios 4603)
- i7 3930k
- 32GB Corsair
- nVidia Quadro 4000
- SSD (But for now I just installed on a classic HDD for test my build and to keep dual boot with windows)
- GraphicsEnabler=Yes // npci=0x2000 // GenerateCPUstates=Yes // KernelCache=Yes

Since the installation I still get troubles with random freeze systems.
I tried to understand why and when I get these but I can't :

1) Sometimes it's happen when I browse a web page, sometimes when I am navigated in the finder, anyway when it's frozen I mean I can move my mouse but I can't click to anything, there is the color wheel and a few minutes later all back to normal (And all actions I've made meanwhile appears suddenly).
It's look like a machine who is not enough strong to accomplish what I want, like an old.

2) The other point is reproducible every times. It's about Spotify.
When I start it, all is fine. But when I want to play a track (on local or on streaming) Spotify freeze, I can hear 10-20 sec of the music and after that, the application is getting closed. Meanwhile nothing respond, color wheel, finder frozen etc...Then get back to normal after one minute.
(And yes I can stream music perfectly through soundcloud per exemple, so audio kexts can't be responsable)

I can't say if these issues are linked but this is pretty unstable here, this is so frustrating because all seems to work fine...

So if anyone get these issues too, we maybe can compare our configurations to find what's going wrong, or simply if anyone got an idea, you're welcome.
I've made search in this forum and the others "freeze system" sounds different to mine that's why I post it here.

Thanks in advance :)

I continued to investigate and I noticed each time I got troubles (frozen windows and color wheel) I got these line into the console :

10/02/2014 17:05:11,000 kernel[0]: disk2s2: I/O error.

The disk2s2 is the Mavericks disk.
Do you think my HDD is sick or it comes from another thing ?
This HDD is spliter into 2 partition, 1 for the OS and another for archive. I used it since one year with windows and I never had issues with it, it seems to be good because I check it with the disk utility and the button "Repair Disk" is still disable.

I'm still searching what's going wrong here with my build. I noticed I got these disk errors in the console mainly at boot and around half an hour. After that system seems to be more stable with less freeze.
Pretty strange...

About Spotify I'm sure it come from the application because I've no problem to listen music through the wep app on their website..
(EDIT) Just downloaded an older version of spotify and it's the same. I'm able to play a track for a few seconds, then Spotify shut down itself.

I've just find a fix for spotify crashes :
This is my way :

- Remove "HDAEnabler1.kext" & "AppleHDA.kext"
- Restart
- Open MultiBeast and select Drivers/Audio
- Check ALC898 (With DSDT mode)> Previously it was set without DSDT.- Go to Disk Utility and repair permissions on your os hard drive.
- That's all;)

Now Spotify seems to work fine but I still got issues with systeme freeze but I really guess it come from my hard drive. I'll buy a ssd in a few days to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back