Contribute
Register

OS X 10.9.4 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: OS X 10.9.4 Update

I have the GA-X79-UP4 motherboard. I lost audio when I updated to OS X 10.9.4 and tried to correct it by installing just the ALC892 audio driver with multibeast, but it doesn't seem to make any difference.

I think I may be missing a step and I *really* don't want to mess up my installation and have to start over. Can someone lay out exactly the steps needed to correct the audio problem with 10.9.4?

Has anyone had a successful install of 10.9.4? Please post if you have.
I did a quick update and restart from the App Store. System came back up and looked good, so I installed audio drivers using Multibeast 6.4. I did not install the latest Chimera...I am using a fusion drive setup so installing boot files is a chore. Everything is working fine. My system is now a couple of years old so my experience may not be relevant to yours. Good luck.

My update to 10.9.4 went smoothly except for 2 problems.

1) Sounds wasn't working so i updated using Multibeast and now sound works perfect.

2) I've had issues on and off since updated to Mavericks with my GeForce 650TI video card. When i restart the computer the display gives no error visible message but says there is no DVI input. I've installed NVIDA's latest drivers but nothing seems to fix the problem.

Any thoughts out there what might resolve it? Thankyou!

No Issues here, just update audio and Trim, followed Stork's Guide

--> Ga Z68x-UD3-B3

Upgraded to 10.9.4 yesterday from 10.9.3 via the App Store. After reboot, applied Realtek ALC 898 from MultiBeast 6.1 and applied TRIM from MultiBeast 6.4.

The system, including sound, sleep/wake, works perfectly so far.

Core i7-4770K - GA-Z87X-UD3H - 16GB RAM - AMD HD7770

Do I need to completely fill out the MultiBeast or can i only do the audio driver ? ( I did buy a working HAckintosh and are afraid to ruin it .... )

I'm having a weird problem since upgrading to 10.9.4 - if it's asleep for a long time (I am not sure how long; short sleeps of an hour or less definitely don't do it, but overnight does) when it wakes up, HTTP connections don't work. I.e., the browser can't get content AND curls in the command line fail:

hackintosh:~ barclayadunn$ curl http://www.yahoo.com -o yahoooutput.txt
% Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
Dload Upload Total Spent Left Speed
0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 --:--:-- 0:00:12 --:--:-- 0^C
hackintosh:~ barclayadunn$ curl http://www.yahoo.com -o yahoooutput.txt
% Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
Dload Upload Total Spent Left Speed
0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 --:--:-- 0:00:18 --:--:-- 0^C

It doesn't matter which browser I use (Chrome/Safari/Firefox). I can ping the destinations and get back content fine:

hackintosh:~ barclayadunn$ ping http://www.yahoo.com
PING any-src.a03.yahoodns.net (74.6.50.150): 56 data bytes
64 bytes from 74.6.50.150: icmp_seq=0 ttl=53 time=26.133 ms
64 bytes from 74.6.50.150: icmp_seq=1 ttl=53 time=23.235 ms
64 bytes from 74.6.50.150: icmp_seq=2 ttl=53 time=21.774 ms
^C
--- any-src.a03.yahoodns.net ping statistics ---
3 packets transmitted, 3 packets received, 0.0% packet loss
round-trip min/avg/max/stddev = 21.774/23.714/26.133/1.812 ms

I have tried renewing my DHCP lease, no joy. So far the only thing that restores HTTP access is to totally restart my machine.

Would greatly appreciate any insight.

BD

@kewpiedoll99

It's not much of a help I know but it may avoid the need for a reboot :

In Terminal :

Code:
sudo ifconfig en0 down
sudo ifconfig en0 up

It's worked for me when I've had a similar problem in the past.
As to why it does it, no idea.

Good Luck

Here's the step by step way to update:
:ch: Repair Permissions using the Disk Utility on the drive to be updated;*
:ch: Backup your current installation using Carbon Copy Cloner or SuperDuper;
:ch: Download the latest MultiBeast for Mavericks which has the latest ACL8xy audio drivers**;
:ch: Download the Combo Update and run the Combo Update to update to 10.9.4;
:ch: Re-boot;
:ch: Run MultiBeast for Mavericks and just select your audio driver to install (TRIM patch is not yet available)***;
:ch: Re-boot; and
:ch: Repair Permissions again.*​

If you have TRIM enabled, check to see if it was affected by this update.

* You can use the Terminal instead of Disk Utility if you feel comfortable with a UNIX command:
Code:
 sudo diskutil repairPermissions /

**Important: If you've used a MultiBeast version previous to MulitBeast version 6.3 and updated to 10.9.4, you should do a complete MultiBeast configuration "load" using your previously saved ".mb" file. MultiBeast 6.3 changes how audio is done and needs Chimera v3+ to run correctly.

***MultiBeast v6.40 has the new TRIM patch for 10.9.4. Other methods for enabling TRIM can be found with these utilities/procedures:
- TRIM Enabler program successfully enabled TRIM in 10.9.4. TRIM Enabler is free; the Pro version costs $10 USD;
- https://gist.github.com/slagdang/4485183 and
- http://www.return1.at/trim-enabler-for-osx/

Will this wipe my existing data on the computer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back