Contribute
Register

OS X 10.9.4 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: OS X 10.9.4 Update

TreeMan2011 said:
**Important: If you've used a MultiBeast version previous to MulitBeast version 6.3 and updated to 10.9.4, you should do a complete MultiBeast configuration "load" using your previously saved ".mb" file. MultiBeast 6.3 changes how audio is done and needs Chimera v3+ to run correctly.

I'm lost here. I know that my previous installs have used an earlier version of Multibeast but I cannot find any .mb file anywhere on the system. Where would I find it or how would I create one? Also, is there an easy way to tell which version of Multibeast was used most recently (if that matters)?
Your original post in this Article thread was moved to the Mavericks Desktop Support forum section with my reply here. The reason for moving your post was explained here.

Speaking mostly from ignorance (sorry), I have found that the "TRIM Enable" box in Multibeast has no effect on the result for "Trim Support" in the "SATA" section of System Information. Under 10.9.4 I saw "No" (support) after checking that Multibeast box and installing on my SSD. However, I did find this website page (from "xlr8yourmac.com"). I copy/pasted the two Terminal commands listed, and now the "Trim Support" line item in System Information reads "Yes." No idea whether this is important, but anyway if I run Disk Utility on the SSD it now alludes to TRIM being performed.

Article: UniBeast 4.0 Update

Speaking mostly from ignorance (sorry), I have found that the "TRIM Enable" box in Multibeast has no effect on the result for "Trim Support" in the "SATA" section of System Information. Under 10.9.4 I saw "No" (support) after checking that Multibeast box and installing on my SSD. However, I did find this website page (from "xlr8yourmac.com"). I copy/pasted the two Terminal commands listed, and now the "Trim Support" line item in System Information reads "Yes." No idea whether this is important, but anyway if I run Disk Utility on the SSD it now alludes to TRIM being performed.
See the bottom of this post for TRIM information.

Glad I stayed with 10.9.3 whew!

Having issues with sound. Updated MB and the rest as usual and realized I had no sound still. So I updated Chimera and reinstalled audio drivers. Sound worked briefly after restart but no longer work after sleep/wake. Much like TreeMan I don't have a .mb file because I never thought to save anything of the sort since the only update needed usually is sound drivers.

I lost dual monitor function. The system says that I have only one monitor, but I can move windows across the second monitor. My second monitor is not working anymore.

I can confirm that 10.9.4 does not work with Nvidias 750ti. :(

I can confirm that 10.9.4 does not work with Nvidia 750ti. :(
Yep! Apple hasn't released a product yet with that graphics chipset.

I noticed that I lost almost 2000pts on Geekbench after upgrading to 10.9.4.
Also Airdrop is not working properly (extremely slow).
Anybody else with these issues?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back