Contribute
Register

OS X 10.9.4 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope this helps people with no audio after 10.9.4. If you cannot locate your .mb file I suggest you instal as instructed above, if no audio, run multi beast 6.01 with easy beast and your audio drivers. Worked like a charm for me. 10.9.4 running smooth.

Article: OS X 10.9.4 Update

Found another strange issue. After upgrading, I'm getting a kernel panic. When using "-v" (verbose) flag at boot, this doesn't happen. Any idea, what is causing this?

And - still no bluetooth. The adapter (I've got two brands) is visible, but marked as unavailable (Last entry in german -> available : No)

Apple Bluetooth-Softwareversion: 4.2.6f1 14216
Hardware-Einstellungen:
Adresse: 00-1A-7D-DA-71-09
Hersteller: Cambridge Silicon Radio
Name: CSR8510 A10
Firmware-Version: 8891
Bluetooth-Signal: Ein
Sichtbar: Aus
Verfügbar: Nein

Any hint? If I do select via the menu "deactivate bluetooth" it is being ignored.

I have a Hackinosh that I built a couple of years ago. It is a Gigabyte GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3, I5 2500k, Nvidia GT640 2GB. I have upgraded from Snow Leopard to Lion to Mavericks with no major problems. Until this week, I was running 10.9.2. I didn’t want to upgrade to 10.9.3 until I had free time in case I ran into any problems.

10.9.4 came out a couple of weeks ago and I had vacation this week so I decided to run the combo update. My fears were unfounded. My machine updated to 10.9.4 with no issues whatsoever, I ran Multibeast and reinstalled audio, and I have had no problems.

It took me about 30 minutes from start (download the Combo Update) to finish (boot into OSX 10.9.4 with working audio).

I am very satisfied and impressed. My webcam was not working with 10.9.2, but it works perfectly with 10.9.4.

All went smooth except for my Voodoo drivers needed reinstallation.
I use the Voodoo HDA VT2021 :)

Except for that All is well :)

I updated to 10.9.4 yesterday although I had skipped 10.9.3

I used the multibeast for 10.9.4 which still did not work perfectly for my board Gigabyte X79 UD5 2011 from 2012 build. I checked the 898 audio and nothing else, just what was auto checked for without DSDT. In my org.chameleon.Boot.plist I still had to add darkwake=0 npci=0x2000 for it to not boot black screen. Before and after installing, repaired permissions.. still had some issues. I went back and installed some original kexts with kext wizard from way back in ML.. and wah lah.. it all works again.

this resolved the SSD trim for me after 10.9.4 update

sudo perl -pi -e 's|(^\x00{1,20})[^\x00]{9}(\x00{1,20}\x54)|$1\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00$2|sg' /System/Library/Extensions/IOAHCIFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/IOAHCIBlockStorage.kext/Contents/MacOS/IOAHCIBlockStorage

sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions/

MultiBeast v6.40 has the new TRIM patch for 10.9.4.

Updated, but Istat no longer works, so I updated the FakeSMC and plugins with Multibeast 6.4 and CPU showing over 100C and PC turn off within 15 seconds of booting.

ASUS P6X58D Premium board
Intel I7 980 Extreme
Corsair 24gb

Been running this smoothly since 10.9.3. Please help! Now I can't do anything since PC turn off within 15 seconds!

there was a fix to mother GA-SX79-UP5 WIFI, for the SAS Connectors, when i connect sata hard disk there in the sas connectors, the finder dont recognize, even the disk utility. i cant use this sas connectors, but i need to connect 8 SATA NORMAL DISK there (not sas)
thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back