Contribute
Register

OS X 10.9.4 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: OS X 10.9.4 Update

I update to 10.9.4 without any issues, the problem it there is no sound. I downloaded the newest MultiBeast and loaded my setting from the older one, installed it, rebooted it. Still no audio. Can anyone tell me what the problem is?

The MultiBeast 6.2.2 audio fix outlined in another post got my audio back but I'd lose it again after sleep. I then reloaded my previously saved audio file created in MultiBeast 6.0.1, one that has worked flawlessly for nearly a year before my Mavericks 10.9.4 update, and loaded it using MultiBeast 6.0.1. Audio is now back with no sleep issues. I have access to Black and Orange 8th inch ports in the back and headphone jack on the front of my corsair R500 cabinet.

My audio setup with a Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD3H:
Drivers > Audio > Realtek ALCxxx > Without DSDT > ALC898
Drivers > Audio > Realtek ALCxxx > Without DSDT > HDAEnabler

Successful install of 10.9.4.

Thank you, thank you, thank you to all. I have put off the upgrade from 10.93 to 10.9.4 for some time, figuring it would be aggravating and was not willing to do it without confirmation Time Machine was working. One Time Machine worked, started on the upgrade, figuring it would be a many hour project.

Instead, the instructions (Stork's) and the MultiBeast worked perfectly. After reading some of the support comments on Apple Support, I figured i was in for many hours waiting for a download, and only slightly less waiting for spinning wheels.

Instead, the download took about 20 minutes, and the install took another 10, so the whole process took about a half-hour.

Not certain how critical the permission repair is, but have done it regularly before using MultiBeast, and every time permission repairs are made, and the install functions.

Audio drivers, which were inoperable after the upgrade, worked simply by adding the new driver as Stork's comments directed.

Last edited:

Successful install of 10.9.4.

Thank you, thank you, thank you to all. ...Instead, the instructions (Stork's) and the MultiBeast worked perfectly...
The first computer I test a new update on is my Batman P55M-UD4 system. Easiest build to update/upgrade I have. :thumbup: (I call the system Batman because the Gigabyte HD 5770 graphics card has a fan shroud that looks like the Batmobile.)

Things look good for me. Tested sound, iMesssage, Facetime, and Maps.

Finally got the update working. Installed TRIM and Chimera 3.01 and that was it. Thankful this place is here. Peace :)

Successful update from 10.9.2. Followed Stork's tips. Used the new Multibeast....Audio and Trim working, GraphicsEnabler=Yes.

Gigabyte GA-Z68MX-UD2H-B3
i7-3770K
120GB Samsung SSD
Nvidia GTX560

Last edited:
Gigabyte Z87X-UD5H F10C
I7 4770K - @4300
NVIDIA 770 4GB

Works perfects! (checked: Audio,Trim, Sleep, USB3, Wi FI).

I applied:
- TRIM for 10.9.4 from Multibeast 6.22
- HDA Multibeast 6.22
- Network E1000
- HW Monitor - three items.

Thanks.

Followed the guide by Stork but still lost audio each time the computer recovered from sleep. Installed audio using Multibeast 6.1 and everything is working fine.

GA-Z68MX-UD2H-B3 U1E
i7 2600k
ATI Radeon HD 5870 1024 MB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back