Contribute
Register

OS X 10.9.3 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Be aware that I did this ubdate and my dual-screen hackintosh became a single screen. One of the displays just went black. The only way to fix this is to put it to sleep and then wake it. Apparently Apple broke OpenCL in this update.

Someone else asked a while ago and no one answered, so I'll also throw the question out there.
Does this update have the right drivers to get r9 290x working?

Article: OS X 10.9.3 Update

Solved the problem by applying RTC patch with multibeast 6.3.

Does anyone have wake from sleep problem after installing 10.9.3? My machine goes to sleep but when I try to wake from sleep it goes to black screen. After reboot I got CMOS reset. On 10.9.2 everything was perfect. I reinstalled DSDT and all drivers, updated Cimera to 3.0.1 but problem is still there. Any idea?

I just updated my GA H55N mac mini build. The update went fine, it rebooted fine. Everything was working great, except the sound, so I ran the new multibeast. I think I must have selected the wrong audio or something, because when it rebooted, it tried to load, and then just went blank. I ran it again and again using different flags, and still nothing. The very last line says this:
SMC::smcInitHelper ERROR: MMIO regMap == NULL - fall back to old SMC mode
NVDDANV50HAL loaded and registered
DSMOS has arrived

Then it blanks out. Any ideas on how I can bypass this to run multibeast again?

I just updated my GA H55N mac mini build. The update went fine, it rebooted fine. Everything was working great, except the sound, so I ran the new multibeast. I think I must have selected the wrong audio or something, because when it rebooted, it tried to load, and then just went blank. I ran it again and again using different flags, and still nothing. The very last line says this:
SMC::smcInitHelper ERROR: MMIO regMap == NULL - fall back to old SMC mode
NVDDANV50HAL loaded and registered
DSMOS has arrived

Then it blanks out. Any ideas on how I can bypass this to run multibeast again?

I finally got in. GraphicsEnabler=YES -x -F

I managed to get in, and redo multibeast, this time adding correctly the audio, and setting the GraphicsEnabler=YES

10.9.3 and Adobe Products Warning
For anyone that is editing using Adobe Creative Cloud beware of 10.9.3. Adobe and Apple are both aware and are working on a problem whereby Media Encoder crashes while doing encodes.

No more audio. Under System Prefernces>Sound>Output, it doesn't even list anything except for "Apple TV over Airplay," which doesn't help me at all since I am trying to use the regular audio jack for my speakers.

I used the latest Multibeast, and ran it totally fresh as if it was a new install (as is recommended for the new Multibeast since it does audio differently). ALC 892 is the codec for my GA-Z87X-OC motherboard. I've tried rebooting, fixing disk permissions, repeating the whole process... nope.

Very, very sad about the loss of audio.

UPDATE: The solution for me was to follow these extra instructions. Specifically for my motherboard, the answer was to download this HDAEnabler1.kext.zip to my desktop, extract, run KextBeast, and restart.

I have successfully updated to Mavericks 10.9.3 without any problems. However, when trying to re-create a USB Unibeast installer after downloading Mavericks 10.9.3 from the AppStore, I could not locate the 'Install OS X Mavericks.app' file in the /Applications folder and Unibeast aborted with error. What did I do wrong? I followed the instruction under the 'Install OS X Mavericks App Updated' paragraph.

My hardware/OS: Gigabyte GA-Z77-HD3, i5-3470, Gigabyte GeForce GTX 640, 16GB RAM, Mac OS X Mavericks 10.9.3

UPDATED: I solved the problem by using a Mac running Mountain Lion and downloaded the Mavericks app from the AppStore. This time the app appeared in the /Applications folder - so I copied this app file to my Mac (running Mavericks 10.9.3) into it's /Application folder. I fixed it's permissions using Disk Utility and then ran Unibeast - this time without any errors. I then tested the USB on a blank disk on another PC, and everything worked perfectly. Checking the version using 'About This Mac', I verified that the version is 10.9.3. I still cannot figure out why I cannot download Mavericks previously. Anyone care to comment?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back