Contribute
Register

OS X 10.9.3 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: OS X 10.9.3 Update

I have the exactly same problem. X58A-UD3R.

Does anyone have wake from sleep problem after installing 10.9.3? My machine goes to sleep but when I try to wake from sleep it goes to black screen. After reboot I got CMOS reset. On 10.9.2 everything was perfect. I reinstalled DSDT and all drivers, updated Cimera to 3.0.1 but problem is still there. Any idea?

Installed and reboot.
Everything perfect.

How about iMessage fix?

I'm having the same problem too. Tried everything in the iMessage Fix thread all to no avail too. :(

Really sucks to hear, kee! I've been avoiding another attempt myself b/c it seems so problematic. Can you revert to, or reinstall 10.9.2? My Unibeast drive (I just use a hard drive partition which makes it ultra fast) is at 10.9.2.

In addition, since this last debacle I have kept a clone of my 10.9.2 install using TechTool Pro 7. I know the prevailing consensus is Carbon Copy, but I already have this license and it's volume cloning has worked perfectly (using the "File Sync Cloning" option + "Skip newer destination files" + "Enable destination ownership"). Plus TTP 7 has many additional features, the main one being the recovery eDrive feature which has saved my ass from screwed up Hackintosh issues more times than I can count.

Just a suggestion so you can perhaps more confidently play around on your Hackintosh in the future. It's really a testament to how frustrated you are that you would remove such a nice graphics setup!

You guys are awesome ! Especially to atlantis852 who got my looking in the write direction. Turns out it was the Fusion Drive. When you create a Fusion Drive you write Chimera boot and Extra folder to the Boot OS X disk's to allow the system to boot your two (SSD &HDD) physical drives together. After a clean install of 10.9 updated the Chimera boot and Extra folder in both SSD and HDD - updated to 10.9.3 ran Multibeast for sound and trim.

All working perfect iMac 14.2 instead of Mac 3.1 !

Thanks again.

@nicolaskern
nice "jeu de mots", but what to do? :)

I bit the bullet and ran the update then reinstalled audio drivers and TRIM enabler. Everything working fine so far, no issues at all.

I am using a TPLink TL-WDN4800 for my WIFI and I have noticed while writing this that I've disconnected a few times. Could be spotty reception from my router but may also be an issue. Will update if it keeps happening.

Here are my specs:

Intel 4770K OC @ 4.3ghz
Corsair Vengeance Red 32GB @ 2400mhz
GA-Z87X-UD3H
Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 770 OC
Crucial 512GB SSD

My video card still shuts off at the login screen on 10.9.3

(gtx 770 & a z87n WIFI motherboard)

has anyone found a fix yet??

Does anyone know whether a notorious "distorted sound after a while" problem, found on Realtek 887 audio drive is fixed here? (it was present on my GA-Z77-DS3H and was only fixable by installing an older version of MultiBeast from Lion)

Updated to 10.9.3 from 10.9.2. Went smoothly. Lost Audio so MultiBeast fixed that. Had to make edits to the AGPM kext as expected.

Updated Chimera with MultiBeast. Also, I updated the SMC plugins/sensors and Hardware Monitor. I've noticed that Hardware Monitor wants to show my processors as going 4.2GHz if I have the history graph displayed/active. Once I close the history graph, processors are said to be at idle speed. The temps are not increased, so I assume that something is going on with Hardware Monitor or the SMC plugins.

Z77X-UD5H
i7-3770K @ 4.2 GHz
GeForce 570 HD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back