Contribute
Register

OS X 10.9.3 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Upgrade went fine on my Dell XPS 8100 - I just had to re-install the sound kext and trim patch.

Followed the instructions and everything went fine (used the combo update). Put in my usual Multibeast settings and everything is good to go. Which is a bit of a miracle, because when I installed the 10.9.2 update it totally wouldn't boot and no amount of boot flagging or troubleshooting would get it to start. Eventually I had to restore my computer. Not sure what the difference was because I followed the instructions last time. Who knows.

Heck, I was even able to use GraphicsEnabler=Yes this time and couldn't before. Now my Apple ATi 5770 even recognizes properly instead of the generic "5000 series" it showed up as before.

iMessage still works, but it always did for me and I'm not sure why, but I'm glad about that.

Article: OS X 10.9.3 Update

@Froghammer:
Do you experience any of those z87 related freezes with your combo (Z87X-UD5H, 32GB GSkill) ?
What is the Part Number of the GSkill Memory please
This one?
http://www.gskill.com/en/product/f3-1600c9q-32gxm

Hey tabarus. Yeah, I did experience those freezes and still occasionally do. When I initially built the computer I had Corsair ram in it and it was freezing every couple of minutes. Totally unusable. Then I switched to the Gskill ram and get a freeze about once every two or three weeks, which is acceptable to me. It doesn't seem to matter which OS is on it- the switch from Mountain Lion to Mavericks hasn't changed the frequency at all.

Here's my build thread:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/user-buil...ud5h-32gb-ram-radeon-5770-a-2.html#post771027

That thread and the thread under "And then the problems began" document me trying to solve the freezing. Hopefully it helps. The model number of the Gskill ram is in there too.

In trying to resolve my no video on cold boot issue, I tried the nVidia Webdriver 10.9.3 drivers and my system froze on boot. I had to boot to my DR clone and remove the boot loader entries that made the nVidia drivers active.

Now I am back on the Apple drivers. On cold boot, my screen immediately goes to sleep mode when it reaches the GUI login screen under 10.9.3 (worked fine on 10.9.2). If I press the hardware reset button, the system boots normally and the GUI login appears as normal. I have the Intel Integrated Graphics already disabled in BIOS. I also changed my system ID from Mac Pro 6,1 to iMac 14,2 as part of my attempt to solve the issue.

I have a GTX 690 (essentially two 680 GPUs on the same card) but it seems like a similar issue.

Anyone else seeing this issue?

I thought that all was well last night after upgrade until today when i cold booted as well. I have a GTX690 also. I booted via -x and reloaded a clean MultiBeast and rebuilt permissions. rebooted and then shutdown. No Screen. Walked away and came back booted and perfect. Doesn't make much sense. If you find a fix I would be grateful. Also just as a side note on the second cold boot that worked fine I pushed a few buttons on the key board just before the apple screen goes away. I don't know if that keeps it from sleeping or what is going on. Kinda new to this.

Thanks

Thank you for your fast reply !
Do you know a mainboard which do not suffer from those freezes.
I still have the choice.

Are those freezes z87 related or only a Gigabyte issue ?

I had the same issue with the monitors blanking after boot up.

I followed someones advice to use the PCIRootUID=0 or 1 (in my case 1 worked), and now both monitors (one in HDMI / one in DVI) finally came up! Thanks guys!

Graphics: nVidia GTX 650SC
MB: GA-787-HD3

I'm new to this but how do you ad that boot flag?

Graphics NVidea GTX690

Thanks

Thank you for your fast reply !
Do you know a mainboard which do not suffer from those freezes.
I still have the choice.

Are those freezes z87 related or only a Gigabyte issue ?

Honestly, I'm not entirely sure. I know that I ran into a lot of posts that had that problem with that family of board. But you know how it works- if everyone was having that problem the word would be out and the board would be avoided. I have to assume lots of people aren't having any problems at all. Maybe it was a bad run of boards or who knows, really?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back