Register

OS X 10.9.3 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: OS X 10.9.3 Update

Success! ASRock ZX68 Extreme 4, 10.9.3 update from AppStore
Reinstalled Realtek ALC 892 from MultiBeast,
Reinstalled ethernet adapter, Broadcom 57781:
(I used 3.8.1 kext (AppleBMC5701Ethernet.kext) and replaced it in System/Library/Extension/IONetworking.kext. Repaired permissions and rebuilded cache).

Installed, reinstalled audio drivers and trim, everything works perfectly.:thumbup:

While updating, my computer froze. Now, I receive an error message at boot. It will boot while in safe mode, but it is very buggy. This is the error message I receive when booting with no commands. http://imgur.com/uJAQbyY

Gigabyte Z87M-D3H
Sapphire Vapor-X r9 280x
Intel i5 4440

This is most likely related to your graphics card. Try to boot in safe mode if possible and then re-install the update and then apply the appropriate patches for the graphics card before rebooting. Combo update recommended.

While updating, my computer froze. Now, I receive an error message at boot. It will boot while in safe mode, but it is very buggy. This is the error message I receive when booting with no commands. http://imgur.com/uJAQbyY

Gigabyte Z87M-D3H
Sapphire Vapor-X r9 280x
Intel i5 4440

As was stated near the beginning of the comments, delete that kext, reboot and you should be fine.

Gigabyte Z87M-D3H
Sapphire Vapor-X r9 280x
Intel i5 4440

Its a common error. If using any MacPro system definition (other than 3,1) then you must trash the .AppleTyMCEDriver. Rebuild cache with DPCIManager and then repair permissions.

Adrian B

Blank screen after the update using nvidia gtx480! Tried Native OS X Drivers, Nvidia Web Drivers, nothing! Tried GraphicsEnabler=No and Yes. I'm with Teamviewer inside my hackintosh and i got "No displays detected" ! Nvidia Card is being recognised just fine under the About this Mac or System Information..

I did this early this morning and it worked flawless for me had to reinstall my wifi and audio used the mac app store update method i always opt for the other since i like experimenting graphics worked fine and the nvidia web driver also had an update

system specs on machine 1
Asus P5LP-LE
Core 2 Duo E6420
Galaxy Nvidia Gt 640 1gb vram
4gb ram DDR2
wifi AR5413/AR5414
ethernet Intel Pro ve 100 intel82558
audio ALC888S
Yes its old but was my first hack and still going strong
Triple booted Mavericks 10.9.3, Windows 7 sp1, Ubuntu 14.0.4

Blank screen after the update using nvidia gtx480! Tried Native OS X Drivers, Nvidia Web Drivers, nothing! Tried GraphicsEnabler=No and Yes. I'm with Teamviewer inside my hackintosh and i got "No displays detected" ! Nvidia Card is being recognised just fine under the About this Mac or System Information..

try changing your SMBios to an iMac

Hello
I just update 10.9.3 successfully-Download update combo - install - Reboot- reinstall audio - all done.
My PC Asus P8P67 rev 3 with I7 2600k- working bluethoot- GTX 570- 16GO-

Update went smooth but I've lost audio. I tried reinstalling my drivers and fixing permissions but nothing. Any suggestions?

I had the same issue. Try going to your audio settings and playing with the output option and/or changing your system definitions. I changed from Mac Pro to iMac (no change) then went to audio settings and audio returned. Went to change back to Mac Pro definition but that got really buggy, back to iMac, NO ISSUE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back