Contribute
Register

OS X 10.9.2 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update on GA-Z87MX-D3H went smooth - update as usual, run multibeast and only install ALC892 codec after install finished, reboot and everything seemed to work fine.

I also tried a 290X (with the new Hawaii chipset) in my hackintosh, but unfortunately it still shows up as "Unknown". I tried adding the device id to AMD7000Controller.kext, but no change. There is a slight improvement though - before when I booted with the card installed (All monitors on a 280x, but the 290x in a pci slot) the computer would crash 10-20 seconds after landing on the desktop, with the console showing some QE/CI related graphics exceptions. I had to physically remove the card, or at least the power to it, to boot. After the 10.9.2 update it works fine to boot, but the GPU doesn't seem to be supported.

Also new to all this. Installed the update from Software Update. Kernel Panic on reboot. No idea what I'm doing here. I think I've made a mess of everything. Am reinstalling OSX Mavericks from my multibeast USB stick so I hopefully have a working system again. Hoping to be able to reimport my user and home directory from a different Admin account... HP Probook 4730s

After updating to 10.9.2, my Logitech C270 webcam freezes up a few seconds after I open up FaceTime. Any solutions to this problem?

Being new to all this, I didn't know I needed to do anything other than apply the update. Now am having kernel panic on reboot. System won't start. No idea what I'm doing here with all this. I've made a mess of it and feel I may have lost everything again. Nightmare.

Article: OS X 10.9.2 Update

I can now get to the desktop using the r9 270x with hd4000 disabled. I needed GraphicsEnabler=yes AND I had to switch from DisplayPort to a dual-link DVI. DisplayPort no longer allows me to boot to desktop.

Remaining problem.... My screen is noisy as hell and flickering/pulsing. See attached picture. I found that if I sleep the machine then wake it up the display goes back to normal. Very strange. I also tried a 2nd dual-link dvi cable. My mining performance is still 25% worse then before and the cards are still being recognized as "AMD Radeon HD Pitcairn PRO Prototype" by LuxMark. Note: Both cards are Gigabyte Windforce R9 270x 4GB.

Needs more work to get back to normal but at least my dual 270x cards aren't dead in the water.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    998.4 KB · Views: 143

after rebooting and reinstalling TRIm and audio i get a kernel panic at boot :S i'm now trying to use unibeast to start multibeast and reinstall the dsdt free pack

Same here. Just doesn't work on my Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H

Initially no sound, manually patched the new AppleHDA 2.6.0 for 898. (as of writing Multibeast is still packaged with 2.5.3 from 10.9.1) Everything works fine on GA-Z87X-UD3H.

I have the same board that you have and It doesn't work :/ it always get's a kernel panic "kernel trap" at boot

Unfortunately my system won't boot anymore. Did the combo update and now it hangs with kernel panic. Seems to be something with apple acpi. Tried every boot command, but no luck either.
I did a backup using the carbon copy cloner, but it's pretty useless.

So, unless it boots with the unibeast pendrive, I can install fresh from scratch...

Time to think about buying a real apple mac machine....

Same here. Fortunately I've got a Time Machine Backup to recover from...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back