Contribute
Register

OS X 10.9.2 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: OS X 10.9.2 Update

A couple thoughts:

1) If you would put real information in your profile, we'd at least know what your hardware/software configuration is. I think some people find it a little trying to make the effort to help if the person asking for the help doesn't make the effort to fill in that info. I see that you have an ACD via miniDP just in this post, but otherwise wouldn't have known (or won't know later in the thread).

2) If you go back through the thread, take a look at my posts and the responses. We've all had similar issues, which we fixed by booting with GE=Yes and then trying framebuffers (AtiConfig=Vervet.... for example on my 5770 single-slot card). I highly suggest going back through the thread and trying to follow this. There's a lot of good info.

Good luck! It's definitely frustrating, but just keep trying a few framebuffers.

Thanks for the reply.

I own and work on many different builds for friends and family. Thus the reason i have no info in my sig. I did mention i am using a XFX 7850 1GB GPU and am on 10.9.2.... Additionally its running a 2.33 GHz Core2Duo Socket 775, ASUS ipibl-la mobo with patched DSDT, and 4 Intel SSD's in RAID0 configuration. I have tried booting DSDT=Null with same results.

I have tried all of the frame buffers (AtiConfig), AtiPorts, different combinations with and without GE, with all the same results.

I have extracted my VBIOS with GPU-Z and renamed it, with the "UseATIROM" flag enabled. Ive also added 0x68191002 to AMD7000Controller & AMDRadeonX4000 Kexts. When i do this, the system hangs at apple screen without GE. With GE=Yes the monitor turns off after the Apple logo & spinning timer.

I am typing on the machine right now, just with 10.9.1's kexts' (device ID's added), GE=NO and card detected as "AMD Radeon HD 7xxx 1024 MB".

I would like to get the 10.9.2 kexts working, i'm just not sure where to go from here. Maybe edit Ati7000Controller frame buffer with hex tools to get the ports working? I have extracted all of my VBIOS info with radeon BIOS decode, Redstock BIOS decoder and ati-personality.pl through terminal. Just need some direction from here. My head is spinning!

Thanks.

Here's the step by step way to update:
:ch: Repair Permissions using the Disk Utility on the drive to be updated;*
:ch: Backup your current installation using Carbon Copy Cloner or SuperDuper;
:ch: Use the Software Update to download and install 10.9.2 (recommend using the Combo Update);
:ch: Re-boot;
:ch: Run MultiBeast for Mavericks and just select your audio driver to install and TRIM (if needed);
:ch: Re-boot; and
:ch: Repair Permissions again.​

If you have TRIM enabled, check to see if it was affected by this update.

* You can use the Terminal instead of Disk Utility if you feel comfortable with a UNIX command:
Code:
sudo diskutil repairPermissions /

Followed to a T, zero issues, update went as smooth as one could ask for. Thanks for the clear cut instructions Stork, per the usual my friend :)

Screen Shot 2014-03-02 at 1.26.21 PM.jpg

I had a bit of an issue with my machine not booting to the desktop after the update. It would just freeze on the Apple screen and the wheel would stop spinning and in verbose mode it would just stop at a non important point.

Since Apple changed the Radeon 7xxx drivers in 10.9.2 and also modified the frame buffer profiles for the new Mac Pro, I had to use GraphicsEnabler=Yes to get my machine to boot with a MSI 7970HD 3GB.

From there if you're wanting to still use the MiniDP connections for multiple monitors (In my case 4), you need to use GraphicsEnabler=Yes, set ATIPorts= to the number of ports on your card (In my case ATIPorts=4) and manually enter the frame buffer profile if it's missing. Mine is "AtiConfig=Aji" and after manually entering it into org.chameleon.Boot.plist, I was able to get all 4 screens running again on 1xDVI, 2xMDP, 1xHDMI on the 7970. You may need to unplug and replug the MDP ports to get them to recognize the first time but after that they have been fine over several reboots and waking from sleep.

Article: Update Your Mavericks App to 10.9.2

I just finished updating from Mavericks 10.9 to 10.9.2 via Apple Store and for the second time I lost audio again. I tried several audio drivers including the original Realtek without DSDT ALC887/888b Current v. 100302 to no avail. I'm trying to avoid creating an USB Unibeast 10.9.2 to save time. Has anyone had the same problem and how did you fix it? Much obliged.

GA Z77- DS3H Rev. 1.1
i7- 3770
16 G Corsair RAM
1 T WD SATA
Ge Force 650

everything works, besides the ethernet card, u need a new one.

Updated and my hackintosh booted fine. The only bug I found is the audio is delayed about a second. Other than that works great.

Followed Stork's instructions completely and went without a hitch from 10.9.1 -> 10.9.2.
Tested USB 3.0 external drives a few times without any hangs so far as some reported.

Z87X-UD4H, i7 4770k, intel onboard graphics (for now), Kingston hyperX SSD

EDIT: I'm running BIOS version is F7. F8 does not have anything new other than CPU support so I didn't jump to it.

Article: Update Your Mavericks App to 10.9.2

I just successfully installed a fresh version of 10.9.2 on my first Hackintosh. Everthing besides integrated HDMI seems to be working. I wasn't able to get picture or sound through the on-board HDMI port. I'm using an dedicated card for video, witch installed without a hitch.

GA-H87N-Wifi
i5 4670
16GB Corsair Vengeance LP ram
Gigabyte GT 640 Graphics card
250GB Samsung Evo 840 SSD

i have H87N-wifi and I successfully install a fresh version of 10.9.2.
i'm using dual monitor with botton HDMI and DVI, No HDMI Audio.
My System Definition is iMac 14,2

You can Try it.

Try to add in boot GraphicsEnabler=Yes IGPEnabler=No PCIRootUID=1 Mode=1600x1200x32 or change these data

asus sabertouth z87 Intel hd4600 Screen goes blank after boot with No Signal
Try to add in boot some flags, like GraphicsEnabler=Yes IGPEnabler=No PCIRootUID=1 Mode=1600x1200x32

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back