Contribute
Register

OS X 10.9.2 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
So has this allowed applications that want to use nVidia cuda as well as openCL to function properly?
This is especially important for those wanting to use Davinci Resolve. I can run Mavericks for Final Cut Pro, but have to boot in ML in order to use Resolve. Total PITA!!

Please tell me this update fixed the nVidia cuda issue!!!!

Article: OS X 10.9.2 Update

Please tell me that this update fixed the nVidia CUDA issues!!!???!?!?

A little hiccup with being stuck at the spinning wheel, but luckily I knew from past experience this was just a case of getting the boot arguments/parameters correct and nothing to panic about. Additionally I had to disable IGP in bios (I had only enabled it a couple weeks ago as a test to see if I could run IGP alogside my GF210 ) and boot with PCIRootUID=0 and npci=0x3000. As usual I then had to re-install sound. Had to run off to work so will get a full test of benefits/disadvantages later.

Edit: Not sure if this has anything to do with 10.9.2 but my USB 3.0 drive is no longer writing at an acceptable speed. The drive could be failing. It writes at about 12 MB/s and reads around 83MB/s, This is using AJA system test. In comparison my USB 2.0 Iomega drive is writing at 29 MB/s and reading at 33 MB/s. Gonna post this in the Post-installation Forum for advice.

System
GA-B75M-D3P
CPUi3-3225
GraphicsGeForce GT 210

Debugger called: <panic>
Backtrace (CPU,0), Frame : Return Address
0xffffff81bf744c50: 0xffffff8000222fa9.........

Kernel Extensions in backtrace:
com.apple.driver. AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement (216.0)[70947.......

Solved...(hope this helps others).

I used Unibeast to boot to the loader and then used Terminal to change the name of the Volumes/System/Library/Extensions AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext to AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.old. Rebooted and it's fine.

Now to re-run Multibeast and reapply the HD Audio fi and I should be good.
Got the idea from monkeytrash's post in the DC3217BY Mavericks Install Guide.:headbang: Big thanks to monkeytrash.:clap:

How did you rename file? I'm stuck with "read-only file system"

You need to apply one or more boot flags.

I originally updated, but the TV made ​​me no signal. I have ridden a usb with clean 10.9.2 installation and will not finish booting.

If I have seen doing a verbose charging me everything except the graphics. I have not tried with GraphicsEnabler = Yes

If you have any issues post-update, boot using UniBeast and type UseKernelCache=No.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back