Contribute
Register

OS X 10.9.1 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
P5Q3, E8400, GTS 250. Update via appstore, no problem

Article: OS X 10.9.1 Update

Installed with ComboUpdate.
No problems. Just reinstalled audio driver.

Hello, I wanted to say that the update ran very smoothly, using the instructions below, the process was simple. I have i5-4670K and the GA-Z87MX-D3H with the stock graphics. I would recommend this system to anyone.
Here's the step by step way to update: 1.Repair Permissions using the Disk Utility on the drive to be updated;*
2.Use the Software Update to download and install 10.9.1;
3.Before re-booting, run MultiBeast v6.01+ and just select your audio driver;
4.Re-boot; and

5.Repair Permissions again./QUOTE]appleweekly5:beachball:

ok, after the hang, i had to do a manual reboot then I copied the installer from the combo dmg to the desktop and tried again. it worked in 3 mins + reboot + repair permissions etc etc.

all good. Thanks for the help!

Haswell build i7-4770 GA-Z87X-UD3H - all works as expected with audio reinstall. Still no full PM support and limited p-states... really confused about this.

It doesn't. some of us on b cards have been testing the 10.9.1 seeds all along monitoring and hoping for some driver love. However, it's just a minor update. We are hoping however that this is what nvidia has been waiting for, to update web driver. So now I'm going to be hitting their page every day to check for that.

Thanks for your response.

Both my GA-Z77X-UP5 TH and ProBook 4530s updated with no problem. Just needed to reinstall audio drivers like always.

-bth

This does not appear to resolve the GPU power management issue :confused:

Here's the step by step way to update:
:ch: Repair Permissions using the Disk Utility on the drive to be updated;*
:ch: Use the Software Update to download and install 10.9.1;
:ch: Re-boot;
:ch: Run MultiBeast v6.01+ and just select your audio driver to install;
:ch: Re-boot; and
:ch: Repair Permissions again.​
:thumbup:

* You can use the Terminal instead of Disk Utility if you feel comfortable with a UNIX command:
Code:
sudo diskutil repairPermissions /

I Report success by doing this. Everything seems to be working fine.

My system:

H77N-Wifi / i7 3770 / 16 Gb RAM / Fusion Drive (128 Kingston SSD + 3 Tb Seagate Barracuda).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back