Contribute
Register

OS X 10.8.4 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: OS X 10.8.4 Update

Didn't have a problem upgrading thru the App Store. Just had to reinstall AppleHDA.kext for sound - and I was good to go.
58179-app-storescreensnapz001.png

Notice from your screenshot that your memory operates at 1333 MHz, you should probably be running at 1600 MHz if your RAM is capable. If you have a Gigabyte mobo, it defaults to 1333 MHz. To boost up to 1600 MHz you need enter BIOS and select "Profile 1" under MIT/Advanced memory settings/XMP profile.

Last edited by a moderator:

is NVIDIA release any update for 10.8.4?

I have the same mobo, but am waiting to install this update.

Did you have any audio issues? If yes, what did you do to resolve them?

Thanks in advance,
Nappy

yes the audio will be missing..you just need to reinstall the audio using multi beast 4.6.1 and it will be no problem mate..

I installed from Apple System Update and rebooted my computer. Everything was working except audio which was OK after re-installing audio codec via Multi-Beast 5.3. I used my computer for several hours without any problem. Unfortunately, I shut down my computer last night and it would not boot into 10.8.4 this morning. I can get past Chimera v. 2 but after selecting my boot hard drive I get the grey Apple on grey background which switches to a black screen after a while. I can only boot using the usb drive I had used for installation. I updated the Cuda drivers as requested by the System Preferences. Is it possible to get my computer working again or will I have to wait until the Cuda driver is updated?

Thanks

Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3- GeForce-GT640

I'm currently running on 10.8.2 and I'm stable, I'm reticent to upgrade to 10.8.4 if I wanted to, could I and skip 10.8.3 altogether? Or is it not recommended?

My system is a Gigabyte Z77X-UP5TH, Nvidia 680 etc.

I'm currently running on 10.8.2 and I'm stable, I'm reticent to upgrade to 10.8.4 if I wanted to, could I and skip 10.8.3 altogether? Or is it not recommended?

My system is a Gigabyte Z77X-UP5TH, Nvidia 680 etc.

yes you can bypass 10.8.3 altogether

I wouldn't expect 10.8.3 to be an option any longer in the App Store so you're good to go with the latest :)

Installed via app store. 10.8.3 to 10.8.4 update. Dell XPS 8300 i7. Had to reinstall the Athros AR5B95 kext and wifi fix, but everything else came up and worked.

Hello,

Could anoybody let me know where to find the wifi fix for the 10.8.4 update, please? I re-installed the AR5B95 kext for mountain lion with no success...:rolleyes:

Any help would be really appreciated.

ThanX.

My mobo is an ASUS with the x57 chipset. The update went well so far with the combo update but I had to reinstall audio drivers and the x58 Rollback kext using Multibeast. Without reinstalling x58 rollback patch, the boot slows down due to a ioapic issue. I hope someone finds this useful.

Regards.

No problem with this update.
P8P67 Pro, 2600K, GTX570

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back