Contribute
Register

OS X 10.8.4 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Help! Kernel Panic after 10.8.4 on Vanilla GA-Z77X-UP5 TH with HD4000. Did the combo update, then rebooted before running Multibeast, ran only Audio and Trim (not the whole DSDT-free package) and rebooted - came back as a kernel panic. Rebooted into backup drive which has 10.8.2 loaded and repaired all permissions and tried to reboot back into the drive with 10.8.4 - and got the same kernel panic with messages about the audio and power management being problematic. How do I roll back the Multibeast settings to get back to a bootable 10.8.4? Does anyone have a quick advisory on this procedure?

It would also be enormously helpful to all if Tonymac or Macman were to write a short guide on how exactly to go about applying each update (step by step) so that idiots like me don't go an screw up a perfectly working system!

Thanks in anticipation of a savior out there!

I updated using the Combo Update from 10.8.3 and there were no issues at all.

Didn't have a problem upgrading thru the App Store. Just had to reinstall AppleHDA.kext for sound - and I was good to go.
58179-app-storescreensnapz001.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Article: OS X 10.8.4 Update

All perfect with gigabyte H61MA-D3V :), only need to reinstall audio

Thanks. I have the same board with a Gigabyte Radeon R6850OC. Should go smoothly then. The D3V has worked like a dream, compared to my older USB B3.

Hi guys, so i updated my computer from 10.8.2 to 10.8.4 thinking everything would be ok, after the update the computer would hang at the apple logo screen with the spinning wheel, i decided to just to a restore from a back up and go back to 10.8.2 so i could finish some work. the restore went fine but then i got a boot0 error, i used my usb with unibeast to get to boot into the system but i had to restart the computer like 5 times because the screen kept going to sleep instead of going to the desktop. when i was about to give up it finally went to the desktop. then i ran the user dsdt from multibeast to fix the boot0 error and restarted, i didnt get the error but it stayed on the same apple logo screen as with the 10.8.4 update. once again i did a restore from back up and got the same error so i used the usb again and had to restart twice to get to the desktop. now that its on im scared to turn it off, how can i fix the boot0 error and fix the screen going to sleep issue at the same time? my system consist of an Intel i5 3570k, Asrock z77 pro3 board, Crucial ballistix cl9 1600 16gb (2x8gb) Evga Gtx 480 1536mb gddr5, Thermal Take tr2 rx 550w ps, Microcenter 128gb ssd for the os and a 1tb drive for storage.

Updated from the app store and worked like a charm. My bluetooth speaker seems to work better now too.

GA-h77n-wifi, i3-2100, GeForce G210 512mb

Installed update, it's rebooted and has been starting with the logo and spinny thing for about 10 minutes now. I've read it takes a long time but at what point do I do just restart it...?

Finally just forced it to reboot, didnt' work got in through -x but can't fix it. did clean install. luckily it's my first time and i had nothing on it that needed keeping.

CPU : i7 3770
M/B : B75M-D3V
VGA : HD4000

Update 10.8.3 to 10.8.4 (combo) work fine!!!

Pls. reinstall the Patched AppleHDA using MultiBeast before rebooting.
(Multibeat 5.2.1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back