Contribute
Register

OS X 10.8.4 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doesn't seem like it will be worth upgrading. I've heard reports about Safari being a little faster, but that's it. I don't want to chance bricking my system for this update. (No I don't have a backup HD, can't afford one atm.)

Though would be great if this fixed the cracking audio I've been getting.

Seems sleep is working more predictably here as well. 660Ti same as trueblue_swe. That alone would make this update worth while.

I am having a weird situation where trim enabler and chameleon ssd say that TRIM is enabled on my Samsung 830 SSD, but system info doesn't mention it at all. Might not be related at all though to this update.

Everything works fine!! Combo update used and Multibeast 5.3.1 to makes sound working again ...

Gigabyte GA-G41-Combo v2 + Q9300 + 8gb 1333 + Radeon HD6570 + ALC887 DSDT

I only heard about this update because something went wrong with my bootable USB. It would not boot my system. Now that I have to make another one Mountain Lion 10.8.4 is the only available version. 10.8.4 does not seem to work when making a bootable USB using that latest Unibeast. Is there another option or another process I can explore?

I know it is the USB because I built 2 Hackintoshs and I used the USB stick from my other one and it boots up fine. I tried copying files from the good one to the newly partitioned affected USB stick and it did not work.

Everything works fine!!! Combo update used and Multibeast 5.3.1 to makes sound working again.

Gigabyte GA-G41-Combo v2 / Q9300 / 8gb 1333 / Radeon HD6570 / ALC887 DSDT

Installed combo update.
Boot ok but no mouse and keyboard functionality (maybe screen freeze).
Then boot with -x -v and reapplied Multibeast and reboot...
Kernel Panic: "ACPI unable to find a driver..."
Finally, I rebooted with unibeast USB key and deleted /Extra/DSDT.aml and now it seams to work well.

MB: Q77M-D2H
CPU: i7 2600K

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back