Contribute
Register

OS X 10.8.3 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: OS X 10.8.3 Update

Anyone else having problems with VMware Fusion 5 after update?

No mine works great still with windows 8. I had to make sure the VT was still enabled in bios tho.

Hello

I update successfully into 10.8.3 with Asus p8p67 (With i7 2600k 3,4ghz + Asus nvidia GtX570 1280Mb + 16 go Ram Memory). I download combo update and reinstall audio(from P8P67 Unified Pack) before reboot.

Reboot Perferctly.

Finally got my setup working. After initially re-installing the OS, running multi beast, updating to 10.8.3, and running multi beast again without my graphics card, I put the card in, changed a BIOS setting enabling the on mobo graphics, and everything worked.

yay!

I know this sounds elementary to most but make sure if you have over clocked your hackintosh to disable it before restart. My machine would boot to login screen and then report an unknown login error and continuously reboot it self until I disabled the processor over clock settings in the bios.

No audio after upgrade to 10.8.3.

Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3 with Realtek ALC889. Successful upgrade to 10.8.3 via combo update. Then used MultiBeast 5.2.1 with UserDSDT and Realtek ALC8xx/With DSDT/ALC889. This runs until the end, and finishes with "The installation failed" error.

After reboot the audio volume control shows in menu bar, but no audio is coming out. Any idea how to fix this? It was working fine in 10.8.2

I have an ASROCK Z77 Fata1ty Professional, had to jump around a whole bunch to get 10.8.3 to boot correctly after update.
Used the downloaded combo update to update it. Used Multibeast to change system definition to iMac 13,1.
Still would hang on boot at the sound assertion in applehdadriver at line 360, Ended up disabling audio in BIOS and then it booted fine.
(MacPro 3,1 (original system definition) has not been tested with BIOS audio disabled)
I am using a modded BIOS from http://biosrepo.wordpress.com

Everything appears stable, uptime about an hour, luxmark is down a couple points and unigine is up about 200 points.

Anyone else having problems with VMware Fusion 5 after update?

There is a Fusion update for 10.8.3.
No problem here.

try to do the update over the combo package... install said it failed... anyway i install the audio kexts for my ga-z77 ds3h before rebooting and the trim enabler after... everything working fine so far, the only thing is that i cant connect to my osx server any more...

it shows up in the left bar of the finder, i also can connect over apple remote desktop but the finder says that something with the name or ip of the server is wrong when i try to connect one of my afp shares on the server, time machine also cant connect... does anybody has an idea how to solve this problem?

the install log of the combo update says:

Attachments

• Installer Log 19-Mär-2013.txt
    14.5 KB · Views: 324
update worked great - solved some graphic issues with a second monitor - yay!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back