Contribute
Register

OS X 10.8.3 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just updated. Had to reinstall ALC889 codec but now the audio volume is very high even with the volume turned down and the sound quality is horrible.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

i installed via combo update, just rollback with multibeat with dsdt alc 889a for the audio and everything working great.

thanks tony.

i installed via combo update, just rollback with multibeat with dsdt alc 889a for the audio and everything working great.

thanks tony. :)

Updated on Gygabyte GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3 with intel HD3000 everything good.

Updated with Appstore updater - everything worked fine except audio. Had to install the same kext as before with Multibeast 5.2.1
(Drivers&Bootloaders->Drivers->Audio->RealteL ALC8xx->WithoutDSDT->ALC887/888b + 3 Port Audio Enabler) and reboot. The whole update process took about 5 min. Now everything is OK.
I've also noticed that USB3.0 kext was also mentioned as incompatible with ML10.8.3 but USB3.0 port are still functioning. I guess they're being recognised natively now!

Article: OS X 10.8.3 Update

After much trial and error, I deleted all the audio related kexts from my computer and reinstalled them with multi beast. It didn't work at first, because I was using the "With DSDT" option... As soon as I used the "Without DSDT" option, everything went back to normal!! Fully working!

Hi, I am wondering that is it possible to create a separate thread for reporting problems during upgrade. I've seen so many "perfect", "no problem at all", or "working great" comments which are not helpful at all because you always need one or two patches to make Hacktintosh up and run.

Article: OS X 10.8.3 Update

Any one here facing problem with GTX 5xx cards in 10.8.3, Fermi Freeze e.t.c... i am facing random freeze with Open GL exception error . Any one

I tried the update and it was fine but I wasn't able to have sound. I have an HP Probook 4540s i3 and before the update I was using the AppleHDA.Kext and the sound was working fine. Now I don't have any sound. Please help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back