Contribute
Register

OS X 10.8.3 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: OS X 10.8.3 Update

just updated... I get a CUDA message telling me that an update is required but I have 5.0.37 that I think it's the newest. I have not Intel HD 3000 recognized any more. I will check and report everything.
edit: fixed audio with MB. Had to use trim enabler for SSD since MB didn't work. The java panel crashes.

edit: I installed old Intel kext and fixed the Intel HD 3000. Java panel doesn't crash anymore now.
Om my other mobo everything went fine. Just had to run MB for audio (889) and use Trim Enabler again. GB score from 9780 to 10110.

Thank you for the detailed report!

I'm running on a GA-Z77-DS3H v.1.0. I installed via the combo update, then ran MultiBeast before restarting. For the record, I FORGOT to repair permissions. Now the system will not boot, and I can't seem to get it to boot from my CarbonCopy drive either. Interestingly, my custom Chimera icon is also now gone.

If I boot with verbose, I see this:

Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,2)/System/Library/CoreServices/SystemVersion.plist] 478 bytes.
Loading Darwin 10.8
Loading kernel mach_kernel
Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,2)/mach_kernel] 4096 bytes
Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,2)/mach_kernel] 8187856 bytes

And that's it.

GA-Z77-DS3H, i7 3770, HD Radeon 6870, 128 SSD for boot. Any ideas? Anyone have this board and know how I can at least boot from CarbonCopy?

The same thing happened to me! I got the system going again by unplugging my SSD, and plugging in another one. I had a spare SSD that I wasn't using, so I wiped it out, and installed OS X 10.8.2 from my USB drive. After I got everything working on that drive, I shut down, pulled the SSD out, and plugged the original one back in again--and I was able to boot into safe mode, and then later, into a normal boot. But then, after trying to get TRIM enabled, and trying to get the HD audio working again - it did it again! I.e., it hung at "Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,2)/mach_kernel] 8187856 bytes".

So, I shut the system down, removed the SSD, and re-installed the other one again. After playing around on the net for a bit, I shut down, swapped SSD drives again, and I was able to boot normally again.

After that, I just left the system running.

I suspect this has something to do with enabling TRIM. I suspect the byte count in "Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,2)/mach_kernel] 8187856 bytes" is too high. I was watching for this line to fly by as I booted successfully earlier, and it seemed to fly though that line. I think that byte count was smaller as well.

I just downloaded "Trim Enabler" (http://www.groths.org/trim-enabler/), and will let you know if it solved anything for me.

[UPDATE]: Trim Enabler worked!

- Chris.

My fusion drive broke when upgrading to 10.8.3. It consists of a Intel X25 and a WD 2Tb green drive.

To make a long story short, I discovered that the 10.8.3 drivers wasn't compatible with old firmware in the SSD so even though it was visible and functioning in BIOS and I was able to boot on the drive it didn't show up in Disk Utility.

I did a clone of a drive on another hack and succeded to boot with that and when looking at the SATA section in "About This Computer" it showed up as unknown AHCI device. Unfortuneately I had already tried to fix the fusion drive in Disk Utility which rendered the fusion drive empty so the only way was to reinstall and restore from time machine.

The SSD drive did show up after a firmware upgrade. I did google about the problem and it seems like I'm not the only one bitten by this incompability between 10.8.3 and Intel SSD firmware version.

Combo update went well, reinstalled audio and enabled trim with chameleon ssd. No problem so far. :)

Looks like the update broke my syba firewire card i installed. As that its not showing up in the system profiler. And sadly enough i don't have my external hard drive here to test right now. Here is a link to my card: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002S53IG8/ref=pe_175190_21431760_M2T1_ST1_dp_1
do you fix this?, i have same firewire card and i will wait to update. do you try to unmount and mount card again?. This is a big issue to me.
Thanks.

Having the same issues with my 660 TI. Luxmark score dropped from 1055 in 10.8.2 to 656 in 10.8.3. Installed updated CUDA (which as expected didn't have a reffect on the openCL score).

Is this something we can expect to be fixed with the release of new NVidia Drivers for 10.8.3?

It looks like Apple fixes something for others. My GTX670 was always in the rande of 666 in luxmark (sala) and oceanwave stayed the same (518) in 10.8.3. Galaxy also seems the same, so OpenGL tests.

I was curious why some systems reporter very high scores before...

Hello,
Got a DVD App error with 10.8.3 update.
Code at launch "initialization error -70014"
Anyone can confirm the same problem ?
Chris

UPDATE Problem solved with this method

What you can do is simply use the DVDPlayback.framework from Lion. 1) Download the zip file from here which contains a Lion copy of DVDPlayback.framework:http://www.tonymacx86.com/attachments/mountain-lion-desktop-support/28161d134506 5241-solved-valid-dvd-drive-could-not-found-70012-mountain-lion-dvdplayback.fram ework.zip 2) Replace the DVDPlayback.framework folder located at /System/Library/Frameworks with the same folder in the zip file DVDPlayback.framework.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back