Contribute
Register

OS X 10.8.3 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
GA Z77 UP5 TH, 16GiB RAM, Trust 3.0 BT (USB).
Required to reinstall AppleHDA kext and hack a bit around bluetooth kexts to enable Trust 3.0. But I'm writing this comment on wireless apple keyboard :}
Everything works just fine.

Article: OS X 10.8.3 Update

I updated through Appstore (damn, should have read this thread first). I get a hang when booting up (even with -x -f):

"Debugger called: </SourceCache/GraphicsDrivers/GraphicsDriver-8.10.44/Common/IONDRV/Intel/IVB/AppleIntelFramebuffer/AppleIntelController.cpp:12351 Assertion failed: (0 == i) || ((pfbInfo->rangeStolen.phyBase - pfbInfoPrev->rangeSt

I have a Z77X-UP5TH with a Nvidia GTX 680 card defined as a iMac late 2012. I've disabled the internal HD4000. Same crash with it enabled.

Any clues?

Had the same problem, fix it by using optimized settings in bios and using this guide (http://www.tonymacx86.com/99-quick-guide-configuring-uefi-gigabyte-s-7-series-lga-1155-boards.html)

I hope this helps you with the problem.

I was able to update my system running i5 3570k + MSI H61M-P31 Gen 3 + ATI HD6670 without any problems but i have to boot using unibeast disk all the time. If anyone knows how to fix that problem that would be great, but since i multiboot to win 8 it doesn't really bother me.

Updated today from combo (I was on 10.8.1). Got an error message at the end. Run MB and installed ALC898 audio drivers. Reboot. Not a single problem. Audio works. Update CUDA (5.0.45), re-enabled TRIM. Reboot. Not a single problem.

i7 3770K + GTX660Ti

I hope the random freezes (graphics card fault) are gone now.

Here are some benchmarks, for the record:

blackmagic_15mar2013.jpgluxmark_632.pngnovabench_1661.pngunigine_1725.png

All good here. Just needed to patch appleHDA before reboot. Once I rebooted I had to use ChameleonSSD to switch on the TRIM again.
Everything works. System in signature build #1.

Only one strange thing after update in the system report the Audio ID is 1 and before upgrade was 892. Anyone has an idea why?

Thanks.

Reporting on Asus p8z77-v mobo (modded bios), sapphire 5770.
Updated with "combo update" -> reboot-> installed ALC 892 kext with MultiBeast-> reboot. Everything works fine. iMessage - still no luck.

One weird thing though - while booting I hear HDD kinda stops spinning for a while (at least it drops RPM down), then instantly launches again and then boots pretty fast (I guess in 5-6 seconds).

UPDATE:
All fans keep on spinning (including GPU fan) when I shut down/sleep, but HDD turns off in 3-4 seconds after I hit "power down"! 30-40 seconds after that the system shuts down completely. :)

:D:D:D Thanks so much! Now it's working. Now I will try to uninstall the nvidia drivers and try to install my card back.

I'm having a similar issue- now my GA Z77-DS3H motherboard with an i5-3570 ivy bridge CPU will only boot when I detach the GT 640 NVIDIA graphics card. How do I uninstall the bad drivers to remedy this problem? It was just plug and play before, I'm not sure what to do...

No joy for me: can't boot since using the combo updater.
My setup: Customac mini deluxe 2012

Tried booting from the HD, as well as using my Lion unibeast USB flash drive. Unplugged all USB devices, except for the Unibeast flash drive. Last few messages at the console are about Bluetooth. I usually use the Targus USB Bluetooth transceiver.

**** [AppleBluetoothHCIControllerUSBTransport][configurePM] -- ERROR -- waited 30 seconds and still did not get the commandWakeup() notification -- this = 0xffffff80203dc800 ****
[IOBluetoothHCIController::setConfigState] calling registerService

I'll keep reading through the comments: hope someone has seen this and figured out a fix. :|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back