Contribute
Register

OS X 10.8.3 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
updated via App Store, reinstall appleHD.kext via MB and so far so good...

Yo Mang's 3930k, Sabertoothx79, GTX 670 build works fine, even when using the native "Software Update". Had to reinstall the Audio kexts from an older version of Multibeast (4.6.1)... but otherwise all good.

[UPDATE]

Not 100% sure if the issue is related to the 10.8.3 update... or just something I did at around the same time.

But I was getting stuck on boot up. I would see the Apple logo, it was disappear and I would be left with a slow moving, glitchy looking loader icon. After a forced reboot, I used "PCIRootUID=0 npci=0x3000 cpus=1" flag commands to get back in. I downloaded a fresh copy of "VoodooTCSync", reinstalled it using "KextBeast" and restarted.

All is good again.

Article: OS X 10.8.3 Update

Good news guys! All of you experiencing the CUDA update message in system preferences will soon be fine. Check out this form a moderator for nvidia claims this problem will be fixed tomorrow!
https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/534924/cuda-update-for-mac-os-x-10-8-3/?offset=3

---------------------

Super! Nvidia has a LOT riding on 8.3, as does ATI. Enabling those CUDA cores in CS6 is huge! It is one of the main reason I built a Hackintosh.

From Nvidia Support:

We should be posting an updated CUDA driver early tomorrow for 10.8.3.

I also look for ATI to create an OS X driver support category as well.

No good here.. couldn't boot with the ATI 5770, if I pulled the 5770 it ran fine. I tried deleting my extra folder, running multibeast again, rebooting and than installing my 5770 again and this time it just hung at gray boot screen. Also 10.8.3 broke airplay for me

i7 3770k/ds3h/on board graphics/samsung 830--- booting faster after update... chrome is surfing faster... sound didnt work after update reboot..(ran multibeast and reinstalled audio-fixed issue) ... downloaded trim enabler... so far so good.

Does it support natively LGA2011/X79 Express? Specifically Gigabyte X79-UD3.

update went fine via app store. cuda message after restart like everyone else... i also got audio back using MB. but, i couldn't get Trim Enabled. I clicked 10.8.1 for Trim during the first try. And then, I checked both 10.8.0 and 8.1 on the 2nd. Trim still says "No." Do you guys know what I can do to get Trim back? Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back