Contribute
Register

OS X 10.8.3 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everything went great on my UEFI GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3 and a GTX 570. Redid sound in MB and trim, trim isn't enabled. I'm sure it will work out if I try again. But really, PAINLESS update. I've had way more things break with a 'real' mac in the past. Thanks so much everyone!

Article: OS X 10.8.3 Update

Then don't, there's no need to rush to upgrade, especially if you have a fully working system. Let people test it first, to see if any problems arise.

I'm sitting here streaming college basketball tournaments online with great video (6870) and sound, enjoying my stable build for a while. I just got the fusion drive set-up and the Messages app working, so I'm on the wait and see program as well. Will update my Mac Mini and MacBook Pro and see if there is any noticeable difference, but not expecting much from this update.

Updated through App Store, had to redo audio with Multibeast, but other than that all is well!

OHBOY OHBOY OHBOY

I just hope this lets me turn Internal PLL Overvoltage back on so I can put my OC back up.

Updated with minimum fuss...just ran multibeast using the required settings for my M/B.
Edit:Can't seem to get trim active again. Edit: trim working ...knew I wouldn't sleep until I fixed it ...Had to get my Geek on! Well actually I just used "http://www.groths.org/trim-enabler/" As I couldn't get it to take with Multibeast...First time that's happened!?!

Intel Core i5-2500K Sandy Bridge 3.3GHz
HD3000

MSI Z77MA-G45
Mac Pro case eBay
Mac Pro Optical Carrier eBay
Mac Pro Hard Drive Carriers eBay
Wifi mod using mini pci apple wifi card
MacBook Bluetooth mod
SAS to SATA adapter to use hard drives

Related ..

After I rebooted the SECOND time into 8.3, FireFox 19.02 lost all it's bookmarks. Also, some of the dock settings (had drug 'APPLICATIONS' to the dock) had DISAPPEARED. FireFox seems faster than it ever has, BTW. Anyone else getting strange software 'resets' like this? Also, on this old GP945 (ICHR10) motherboard, I'm noticing blazing speeds now on the USB 2.0 ports. I have a powered USB 2 hub (4 ports) sitting on my desktop (attahced to the backplane MB USB connector) and I just copied 2 gigs of files off an external USB stick to a WD platter HD in just 50 seconds!

update on FireFox and Safari: Not sure what is going on, it may be with this site buffering, or one or both of the browsers, but I've got both of them open to this thread. When I refresh both of them at the same time, both get DIFFERENT results (e.g., last post, # of thread pages, etc.) Anyone else seeing 8.3 burps in their browsers?

Tnx

Ritey

My update went fine. Like others, I had to update the sound driver and CUDA tells me it needs an update. Performance is a little better according to Nova.

Did Combo Update and all was fine. Had to redo audio and trim from MB. Audio ended working great but no Trim. Eventually I was able to use Groth's download and now Trim is working. Also...lost NETWORK and ENERGY SAVER pref pane functionality. Also lost PCIe Syba Firewire Card and Presto Gigabit Ethernet card. Installed Atheros and Intel network kext from MB, but still no networking. any ideas?

All good on a Z68X-UD3H-B3. Used the Combo Update and reinstalled the MB Audio Drivers for AL889.

The update seemed to fix my Orange HDD Icon issue. However, USB 3.0 us still only negotiating at 480Mbps instead of 5Gbps. Anyone have any ideas on that or if a fix is in the works?

Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back