Contribute
Register

OS X 10.8.3 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Installed from app store on my i5 3570 z68ma–D2H–b3 gtx560 non dsdt system. Rebooted needed to reinstall audio drivers and everything works except Logic Audio. I'm hoping a set of updated audio drivers in multi beast will resolve this issue.

Article: OS X 10.8.3 Update

I'm running on a GA-Z77-DS3H v.1.0. I installed via the combo update, then ran MultiBeast before restarting. For the record, I FORGOT to repair permissions. Now the system will not boot, and I can't seem to get it to boot from my CarbonCopy drive either. Interestingly, my custom Chimera icon is also now gone.

If I boot with verbose, I see this:

Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,2)/System/Library/CoreServices/SystemVersion.plist] 478 bytes.
Loading Darwin 10.8
Loading kernel mach_kernel
Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,2)/mach_kernel] 4096 bytes
Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,2)/mach_kernel] 8187856 bytes

And that's it.

GA-Z77-DS3H, i7 3770, HD Radeon 6870, 128 SSD for boot. Any ideas? Anyone have this board and know how I can at least boot from CarbonCopy?
I got almost the same spec with you.
GA-Z77P-D3, i7 3770, HD Radeon 6870, samsung 830 256GB. Stuck at Apple logo.
I did repair permissions before restart. I also did make a carbon copy before upgrade.

Asus P8Z77M-Pro and GTX670 here. Updated using combo update and the system hung at the lnx2mac driver. Booted into safe mode then tried reinstalling fakesmc, the alc892 hda drivers and the geforce drivers. Now I can't even boot into safe mode anymore. Bugger.

...and I'm back. The reason even safe mode wouldn't work was because multibeast 5.2.1 somehow screwed up the FakeSMC.kext installation. I booted safe mode and extracted FakeSMC.kext from the multibeast installer (pkgutil --expand; gzip -d fakesmc.kext/payload.gz; cpio -iv < payload).

Still have to figure out why it waits after swap/ethernet driver.

Still have to figure out why it waits after swap/ethernet driver.

Look at that. I've isolated the issue to the ALC892 driver. If I remove the AppleHDA.kext as well as HDAEnabler1.kext, everything boots as intended.

Anyone else experiencing similar sound issues (that is, not being able to boot with the alc driver in 10.8.3)?

I have my ATI6000 kext edited to use the Duckweed framebuffer with a Gigabyte 6850 with 2 monitors using HDMI and DVI. I tried saving the old kext from 10.8.2 but it wouldn't boot with that. I extracted the ATI6000 kext from the 10.8.3 combo installer, made the same edits, and it works perfectly.

Just a heads up for anybody else who might have done something similar.

My boot time has improved drastically as well.

No problems here, ran combo update, reinstalled audio driver, used groths trim enabler (multibeast one didnt work).
i7-3770k, UD5H, 2x GTX 670s

All fine except Audio in Gigabyte EX58-UD3R reinstall audio but don't work, any ideas?

I had the same problem. I just installed the audio kexts within the "without DSDT" subsection of the audio drivers section. This installs the HDAenabler kext and gives me my sound back. I'm sure its something that will be addressed in an upcoming MB update, but until then this is a good work around until then at least for me.

I have my ATI6000 kext edited to use the Duckweed framebuffer with a Gigabyte 6850 with 2 monitors using HDMI and DVI. I tried saving the old kext from 10.8.2 but it wouldn't boot with that. I extracted the ATI6000 kext from the 10.8.3 combo installer, made the same edits, and it works perfectly.

Just a heads up for anybody else who might have done something similar.

My boot time has improved drastically as well.

Why are you modifying a system kext? why not just ust the AtiConfig=Duckweed and prevent these OS Updates from killing your system?

Look at that. I've isolated the issue to the ALC892 driver. If I remove the AppleHDA.kext as well as HDAEnabler1.kext, everything boots as intended.

Anyone else experiencing similar sound issues (that is, not being able to boot with the alc driver in 10.8.3)?

You know how everyone tells you to repair permissions? Well, take their word for it. It found a lot of wonky permissions within AppleHDA.kext (why ship with those permissions, ultrabeast crew?). Didn't even have to reboot, heard the screenshot sound while.. taking the screenshot of disk repair.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back