OS X 10.8.3 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: OS X 10.8.3 Update

10.8.3 update did not work.
Maximum V Formula
i3770K at stock
EVGA 670 FTW 4GB

Tried CUDA 45. Failed on installation. Reboot says that I am running 45 though.
Tried CUDA 37. Failed on installation. Reboot says that I am running 37 though. Update available. Try update via pane preference and fails as with 45 download.
GraphicsEnabler set to no in plist.
Disabled iGPU in BIOS.
Tried Repairing permissions.
Only able to get to desktop via -x

Performing steps 1 & 2 now.
Step 1: Raise fist.
Step 2: Swing down.

Advice appreciated

Initially tried app store update. Tried the combo update this time and repaired permissions, but still not working.

Updated my Gigabyte Z77 UD5 TH based system, 32GB Mem, 480GB SSD, 1TB Seagate.

Ran a backup with Superdupe, turned off GTX570, and selected mobo video. Unibeast install and left it running while went to lunch.

Came back to frozen spinner. Shut down, selected GTX570 for display and rebooted.

Launched first time, everything seems to be running fine with no need for Multibeast tweaks, Geekbench 13846.

Happy!

Installed 10.8.3 combo update
Installed Multibeast ALC 898 audio for GA-Z77-UP5 TH board / 3770K
Tried to repair disk permissions but this wouldn't run because some daemon wasn't running
Rebooted, wouldn't finish booting
Went to verbose mode
Stuck on something to do with fakesmc kext
Booted ok using -x -v
Removed kext
Big mistake, now stuck on DSMOS error
Removed drive and put in external case, connected to old mac laptop
Moved kext back
Ran multibeast and reinstalled latest kext
Now boots OK
Confirmed serial number is the same as before
Installed Chameleon SSD trim OK
Cuda update not working, now attempting to download and install it directly

a little more information. the displays are a 27" 2560x1440 connected to gt640 dp and 21" 1920x1080 connected to mobo dvi. i suppose it's possible that osx thinks i have a retina display and has turned off anti-aliasing.

i tried again with 10.8.3 combo but without CUDA this time. no problems with the install. fonts are still skinny and rough.

thinking that perhaps my (non apple) LCD panels are not recognized by OSX, i tried setting the apple font smoothing parameter as mentioned on some older threads. no visible effect.

otherwise, 10.8.3 seems to be working fine for the most part (haven't used extensively though).

would love to get this fixed.

turns out that i had to manually set the display color profile to the calibrated version. now the fonts look the same as they did under 10.8.3.

A disaster!

I don't followed a sure procedure :rolleyes:
I updated from AppStore, rebooted. No Audio, so i ran Multibeast and checked all voices for my configuration (you can see it in my signature). Then rebooted. Audio works but everything is instable.
A lot of crash of app such as Text Edit, Finder and the mouse snaps!

Until 10.8.2 the build worked flawlessly except for the strange network issue that I post in another section.

I thaught to reinstall the combo update 10.8.2 because i didn't backup :( and see what happens.

just figured id post the problems i had, or lack of in case somebody else is doing the same thing.... when you pick the sound driver make sure you select the correct kext, alc 888, alc 889 etc...first time i just checked the box that said with dsdt.... also i checked the box in the beginning that said user dsdt install and placed my dsdt file on the desktop and installed not knowing that i didnt need to do that and my pc wouldnt boot back into mac afterwards.

to get everything correct i had to boot with unibeast, delete the applehda kext and install the alc 889 kext which was the one i needed and reinstall chameleon with the imessage fix... my guess is thats y i couldnt boot, because the older boot loader ..

anyway, hope that helps somebody else.
i guess if i would have just checked the right audio box in the first place i wouldnt have had any issue at all, havenet needed to use multibeast in a long time, just needed a refresher..
good luck guys

Hello Everyone,
Sorry to post this here...Since updating to the latest itunes and 10.8.3 combo pack, all itunes video purchases no longer play, there is just a black window that appears with no sound or moving timeline. Rolling itunes into 32bit mode no longer seems to fool it into playing the itunes content. Here is a link to what others have been experiencing http://www.tonymacx86.com/mac-software/57707-itunes-video-not-working.html i was wondering if anyone had any advice as to how to resolve this annoying issue. Thanks!

CGood!! :D Love 10.8.3!

Blessings

Running 10.8.3 here on 2008 MacBook Pro and Z77-DS3H Hackintosh - No issues on either with Safari so far

I have been seeing Safari hog memory after the update to 10.8.3. It quickly ramps up the usage - in as less a time as 15 minutes - as more pages are opened (and closed).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back