Contribute
Register

OS X 10.8.3 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: OS X 10.8.3 Update

What's your build jnm04041963? Motherboard and such?

Whew, finally updated...was worried after reading some of the bad posts, as this is my main computer for several years. ;) Updated, restarted, no problems whatsoever! Checking my prefs, I believe I did lose sound, but that's not a problem for me as I use an Apogee One for all audio input and output. No noticeable differences in benchmarks. So, as far as I can tell, everything is good! BTW, has anyone noticed the "Storage" category in the system report? Maybe it's just me, but I've never noticed it before.

Update successful on my 2nd attempt to get HDMI audio to work with my GA-Z77N setup!

However, I had to go to org.chameleon.Boot.plist and re-add the graphics mode for 1080p as well as rename drives and re-hide partitions.

I always make a physical clone of my drive before updating - using the Aluratek HDD duplicator, then I update the clone...

One last question... should I repair permissions even though I'm running from a freshly-cloned drive?

It never hurts to run "Repair Permissions". :thumbup:

olivjh,

There's a chance the Sound Preferences were changed on the new install... start at the Apple logo in the main menu.... Apple logo-->System Preferences
-->Sound (second row, last icon)-->Output tab.

Since there is sound from the internal speaker select a
different output setting...

Dear John V
THANK YOU SO MUCH
FINALLY... SUCCESS
simple as that, how stupid i am i tried everything but this; and it worked, Mountain Lion indeed did change the sound preferences i have no idea why. well maybe i have a little clue as i noticed something when i did my complete 10 8 3 reinstall. CUT THE WIFI before running MultiBeast and installing audio kext otherwise it seems in my case OSX chooses the airplay sound by default (which in my case is my internet server box) unstead of the regular speakers. No idea why but that's reality for me !!! really weird.
anyway problem solved thank you for this one John V and let's hope my little advice of cutting the wifi may help some other stoopid person like me in the future. Sometimes we're trying the hard side when we dont see the 'easy' side (which is relative in hackintosh)

Holy Smokes! I'm a genius!

Yeah these hackintoshes seem to get more complicated as time goes on. I had one heck of a time updating from 10.7.3 to 10.8.3. I learned my lesson and just purchased an SSD for a system clone.

Congrats olivjh! Glad to have helped!

I did not work for me.I did the combo update, and after rebooting all i get is a apple logo and then a black screen, any suggestions?

Never Mind, i finally got it to work

i better stay with 10.8.2.

I think there are more video drivers than listed in the post. I have done a clean install and upgrade to 10.8.3 with old nvidia 8400 gs card and worked oob. With my 10.8.2 install I had to install some aditional kexts in order to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back