Contribute
Register

OS X 10.8.2 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
OSX 10.8 mountain lion "mutli-monitor" workaround, cancel flicker in video stream?

CAN ANYONE SHOW ME THE STEPS NEEDED TO CANCEL THE FLICKER IN VIDEO STREAM?

WHERE CAN I FIND THE INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS TO ENABLE "MULTI-MONITOR (DISPLAY) IN ML OSX 10.8?

MOTHERBOARD:
ASUS P8Z77-M PRO
CPU:
INTEL 3770K with igu hd4000
corsair ram
16G
ocz 120GB harddrive

Article: OS X 10.8.2 Update

Updated fine from 10.8.2 (12C53)

Installed Update (combo) rebooted with -f -x to avoid FakeSMC.kext/Contents/Plugins/OemSMBIOS.kext Panic

Used KextBeast to replace:

AppleACAPIPlatform.kext (to prevent OEMSMBios Panic and still be able to use smbios.plist to set your system info/serial)
AudioHDA.kext (http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/67763-ml-optimized-realtek-applehda-preview-alpha.html)

Re-enabled TRIM support for non Apple SSD's in IOAHCIFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/IOAHCIBlockStorage.kext

Make backup:
Code:
sudo cp /System/Library/Extensions/IOAHCIFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/IOAHCIBlockStorage.kext/Contents/MacOS/IOAHCIBlockStorage /System/Library/Extensions/IOAHCIFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/IOAHCIBlockStorage.kext/Contents/MacOS/IOAHCIBlockStorage.original

Enable TRIM:
Code:
sudo perl -pi -e 's|(\x52\x6F\x74\x61\x74\x69\x6F\x6E\x61\x6C\x00{1,20})[^\x00]{9}(\x00{1,20}\x4D)|$1\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00$2|sg' /System/Library/Extensions/IOAHCIFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/IOAHCIBlockStorage.kext/Contents/MacOS/IOAHCIBlockStorage

I have attached the above mentioned AppleACAPIPlatform.kext that allows smbios.plist to work without OEMSMBios Panic.
Found here: http://www.insanlynac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=282162&view=findpost&p=1852962

Multibeast Trim Support didn't work for me, your command did it. Thank you!! (SSD SanDisk Extreme 120 GB)

Even booting with -x always stuck at white screen (ATI HD6670) because the new ati kexts...

Before update, I saved a copy of the folder Extensions of my working 1.8.1 in other partition. Started from Windows 7 partition (McDrive installed) and copy-pasted my previous AtiController6000.kext and AppleHDA.kext and AppleACPIPlatform.kext (allways saved from previous version) in S/L/E.

NO OemSMBIOS.kext removed.

Rebooted with Unibeast usb to repair permissions. Finally rebooted with UseKernelCache=No and all worked like a charm...

Even if you don't save your previous ACPI kext (bad done BTW) you can download from here (attached)

Hope it helps.

B.R.

Attachments

• AppleACPIPlatform.kext.zip
    223.5 KB · Views: 120
All working fine on my Dell inspiron N5050 ^^ just replaced the IOAHCIFamily.kext

no sleep anymore :/

maybe MultiBeast needs an update?

It's time to tell my own frustrating and strange experience. I've got this config:

GA Z77X UD5H
i7-3770
Asus GTX 670

Yesterday I did the Combo Install of 10.8.2 with Software Update from the Apple menu (no idea why combo came up, as I already was running 10.8.1). Installation went ok, but rebooting didn't work. So I made a collection of possible reasons, and I tried to change, as recommended here by several users,

AppleACPIPlatform.kext (there're at least two different ones hanging around here)
AppleHDA.kext
FakeSMC.kext
IOAHCIFamily.kext

in multiple combinations, using sometimes KextBeast, sometimes MultiBeast, changing some BIOS settings... Trying to reboot with -v showed multiple points where the process stopped, but I never got through. I was about to install everything from scratch with a new 10.8.2 USB stick, but today I searched the "macx_swapon SUCCESS" boot comment on tonymacx first and found somebody who got rid of the problem with the boot command

GraphicsEnabler=No boot flag

Applying this during the boot process I found myself with 10.8.2 as desired since 24 hours. Now my question is: do I have to write this line every time I'm booting, or can I change some file somewhere (maybe the org.chameleon.Boot.plist) in order to boot smoothly?

After update I've got boot error, grey indicator has spinning forever. After that I've boot in verbose mode and I've saw that loading stopped on line with message about intel vt-d, then I just disabled intel vt-d in bios and system has booted without any error.
my config: Core i7 3770k & gigabyte z77-ds3h

I had the same experience. Disabled vt-d in bios and everything worked. (I did the combo update)

Successful update here, after some work. My config:

GA-Z77X-UD5H
i5-3550
MSI R6850

Install from the combo update package left me un-bootable, indefinite spinning progress wheel with apple logo. First I tried booting into safe mode, but after boot my graphics went to the blank white screen that others have mentioned. I tried the sleep/wake trick for ATI 6xxx cards but my machine wouldn't wake from sleep. Then I tried single user mode, attempting to remove the oembios kext that others have mentioned, only to find that the kext wasn't even there! Finally, I found a comment mentioning the VT-d BIOS option. I changed VT-d to Disabled in my BIOS setup, and the system booted perfectly! Audio was gone, as others have mentioned, but re-installing the ALC898 driver with multibeast was a breeze.

TL;DR: Got endless loading screen, then white screen, then disabled VT-d in BIOS and it booted normally.
Thank you !!!! Fixed for me GA-Z77X-UD5H i7-3770

Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H
Core i7 3770k
16GB DDR3 Corsair

Still can"t get interal graphics hd 4000 to load properly without unplugging and plugging back in comes on split screen half blank and half blurred and repeating login screen if anyone has cure please help thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back