Contribute
Register

OS X 10.11.5 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
I updated from 10.11.4 to 10.11.5 through the App Store, as I have successfully done for all of the previous El Capitan point updates. But this time, after rebooting, my motherboard no longer recognizes my SSD as being EFI-bootable. Reinstalling Clover via the package installer does nothing. Neither does Multibeast. I can boot just fine via a Unibeast USB.

Any idea how to fix this? This never happened with previous updates.

old pc with MSI mobo, i7 860 and a gtx 660ti updated with no issues via app store.

Smooth install. The one thing I needed to do is to enter through safe mode and install the latest NVidia web drivers. After that, everything runs smoothly on 10.11.5.

Applied the update from the App Store. 10.11.4 updated to 10.11.5.
Sound survived. Trim survived. Video survived.
But, I needed to update clover so I used MultiBeast 8.2.2. (as I had done before)
Afterward I found Messages (and FaceTime) no longer worked. I didn't realize that the process might change or remove from my config.plist the SmUUID and the BoardSerialNumber. This is stuff I generated before using Clover Configurator by following the instructions at the URL listed below. First I tried to copy and paste my old SmUUID and BoardSerialNumber from a copy of my prior working config.plist. Unfortunately it didn't work. So, I re-did the whole ******... fix iMessage... thing again on my new config.plist and now it all works. (Well, except I've never gotten the "go to sleep, loose your sound" problem on this machine fixed.)

URL for iMessage fix: https://www.******.com/r/hackintosh/comments/2wohwn/getting_imessage_working_on_10102_generating/

Updated via App Store... No problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back