Contribute
Register

OS X 10.11.5 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I updated on hp elite 8000 and with Enoch USB to have -f to get past the kp in appleusbuhcipci.kext and then deleted applehpet.kext from s/l/e and continued booting with clover and it's running fine for me 10.11.5 works perfect

The general update from the app store went fine here, first restart had KP but that was the usual AppleTyMCDriver.kext so booted off other drive and removed that, once onto desktop installed new Nvidia drivers and good to go. Everything stuck, sound, trim, sleep all good. Whats not so good is for some reason mail doubled all my accounts, none would open stored messages (just title, email addresses but message area stayed blank) so had to manually import all my mailboxes, delete duplicate accounts, etc. Bit of a pain. Then discovered Photos never imported anything from iPhoto so had to manually export and import off my backup...other than that seems ok. And the mail issue seems to affect real macs too...kinda odd but hey its an update never know whats gonna happen...

Last edited:
No problem with my dell Inspiron 530s.. Although I boot from sub flash drive..

Updated with no problems at all.

Successfully updated via App Store, upon reboot the old Nvidia drivers were disabled and I was prompted to update by the Nvidia assistant. A quick driver update and reboot later, everything appears to work just fine.

This project has come a long way since the early Skylake hacks. Thanks guys!

Beautifully simple update this time round from the App Store. I didn't even get the usual problem where I have to blind type my password on a black screen with just the mouse cursor on first reboot.

Updated directly from 10.11.3 to 10.11.5 using the combo .dmg file from Apple website. Everything went fine without any issues. Really smooth update procedure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back