Contribute
Register

OS X 10.11.4 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
I updated my perfectly running rig from 10.11.3. and I could no longer boot to the system. A few seconds after the Apple logo appeared it was replaced by a circle with a line inside suggesting that something went wrong. When I tried to boot in safe mode there were some huge list of errors that happened after what would seem to be a pretty normal verbose report. I read however that MacPro 5.1 system definition is prone to be problematic so I went back to previous state using Time Machine. I'm gonna wait with this update a bit longer, and in the meantime I'm gonna change my Sys. def. to something less problematic. It couldnt harm as my imessage and facetime dosent work without contacting support anyway.. :) Hope you guys best of luck

Updated with success normal appstore update, after installing new nvidia driver blank screen, must patch SMBIOS Fix #4 from this thread):
I replaced all config2 lines to none in all 3 ID-s.//Using Imac 17.1//

Everything OK!

Updated mines and it went smooth as silk

Removed the Nvidia Drivers, installed the combo update then rebooted

Installed the Beta drivers, then rebooted

Then the Beta Update tab in control panel downloads the latest version of the Nvidia driver.

Updated my Skylake system.

After reboot, had the AptioFix error so switched the files.
Another reboot, and after a very slow bootup all worked but CPU was running at max speed. I then switched good old trusted MacPro3,1 definition to Skylake iMac17,1 and bootup is now in under 5 seconds, CPU works fine and throttles back.

I guess I should have been using the Skylake definition from the start and then my only problem would have been the AptioFix2 replacement.

I have had smoother updates but I guess 2 small fixes is not bad, considering I'm uding bleeding edge hardware...

StringFlow try using OsxAptioFixdrv2 see if that fixes your problem.

This does indeed work but unfortunately you cannot mount your EFI partition in Safe Mode in OSX. The reason is because you cannot read/write FAT32 partitions in Safe Mode.

I have a Windows 10 partition that I booted into and used the first reply to this post to mount the EFI partition.

You could also use a Linux USB boot drive to access the EFI partition.

Essentially what you need to do is:
1. Delete OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi in EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI
2. Copy OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi to EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI

Once done you should be able to boot back into OSX.

Thank you very much, it worked form me.

Muito obrigado, Funcionou para mim.:lolno::headbang::thumbup:

This does indeed work but unfortunately you cannot mount your EFI partition in Safe Mode in OSX. The reason is because you cannot read/write FAT32 partitions in Safe Mode.

I have a Windows 10 partition that I booted into and used the first reply to this post to mount the EFI partition.

You could also use a Linux USB boot drive to access the EFI partition.

Essentially what you need to do is:
1. Delete OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi in EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI
2. Copy OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi to EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI

Once done you should be able to boot back into OSX.
Thanks, I used this method and it's worked. For first boot, when system doesn't start I used "-x" option to boot anyway.

Gigabyte Z68MA-D2H-B3 Version 10.11.4

Simply update via Appstore I did not need to install anything

Simply update via appstore and if missing any drivers just install them again i.e Audio / Trim

Re-Enable trim - If you need too
Code:
sudo trimforce enable

For me switching to OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi doesn't help, since OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi does already exist on my EFI partition. Nevertheless, I've replaced the existing version with a new one but it doesn't change anything for me. DSMOS is still not arriving :/

Confirmed to work on my laptop. I have a desktop still running 10.11.3 which I used to mount the EFI partition on my usb flashdrive and installed OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi to EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI, deleted OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi.

Using the flashdrive I was able to boot my laptop and replaced OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi with OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi. Now able to boot the laptop from the internal drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back