Contribute
Register

OS X 10.11.4 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
All good for me - GA-Z97N-WIFI :thumbup:

Installed via combo update... Only problem was broken Nvidia drivers and I had to reinstall them (I guess beta ones - Nvidia popup suggested to isntall latest drivers so I did :clap:).

Audio, trim, boot....all good :)

Jakub

This does indeed work but unfortunately you cannot mount your EFI partition in Safe Mode in OSX. The reason is because you cannot read/write FAT32 partitions in Safe Mode.

I have a Windows 10 partition that I booted into and used the first reply to this post to mount the EFI partition.

You could also use a Linux USB boot drive to access the EFI partition.

Essentially what you need to do is:
1. Delete OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi in EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI
2. Copy OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi to EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI

Once done you should be able to boot back into OSX.
This really works for me! THANK U SO MUCH :headbang: had problems to boot OS X after updated it via App Store, the apple logo changed into a error circle. But now my system keeps running. :thumbup:

Everything working ok except a trim problem some of us are having: The "sudo trimforce enable" command works but renders all drives as external? Anyone know how to resolve this?

This forum never ceases to amaze with the resources available.

I was rendered unbootable and was able to fix with OsxAptioFix2drv AND updating Clover to r3354. I highly recommend doing these things before the update.

For me switching to OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi doesn't help, since OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi does already exist on my EFI partition. Nevertheless, I've replaced the existing version with a new one but it doesn't change anything for me. DSMOS is still not arriving :/

Tried booting with nv_disable=1?

Tried booting with nv_disable=1?
I have an ATI HD6850.

However, I've created a new usb stick for 10.11.4 and I'm able to boot from it perfectly. I then installed 10.11.4 over the current installation and I was able to boot again without a problem :think:

Strangely my Realtek on-board LAN device is now missing, so I started MultiBeast 8.1 and wanted to reinstall the driver as I thought it was probably removed in the re-installation process.
Unfortunately, after using MultiBeast and rebooting I'm stuck again waiting for DSMOS to arrive o_O
Before I've applied MultiBeast, I was able to restart without any problem and everything seemed to work, with the exception of my LAN port.
On 10.11.3 (with MultiBeast 8.1) LAN was working.

Edit: Solved
I've tried reinstalling and it always led me to the same problem. In the end I wasn't even able to boot into a fresh installed 10.11.3 anymore. The reason was my somehow screwed up EFI partition. I then bootet from USB (which worked flawlessly) and mounted the EFI partition. There was an unexpected Apple folder (with extensions and firmware sub-folders), which I removed along with replacing the contents of the clover folder. After this modification OSX bootet without USB flawlessly. I think if I had checked the EFI partition before doing anything else, the problem would have been solved. Well, at least I know where to check when the next update comes :)

All perfect on AsRock ConRoe1333-D667 and Radeon HD5770 (I know, old but works like a charm).

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-03-22 at 11.20.14.png
    Screen Shot 2016-03-22 at 11.20.14.png
    72.5 KB · Views: 172
On my PC, the Intel HD 530 doesn't even output the video (via D-Sub). How you manage to get it works?

No support for VGA output on OS X. Try DVI/DP/HDMI (can try using a DVI-to-VGA adapter as well).

Everything else works except audio. Using Probook 4530S....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back