Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3
CPU
i3-6100
Graphics
GT 710
Mobile Phone
iOS
It might be a bit late, but it might help someone... I had no problems with the OsxAptioFixDrv / OsxAptioFix2Drv thing. On my legacy BIOS / clover system on a Z68x ud3h ub3.

None at all, not even audio.

Motherboard
Gigabyte P75-D3
Graphics
Nvidia GT430
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Android,
This does indeed work but unfortunately you cannot mount your EFI partition in Safe Mode in OSX. The reason is because you cannot read/write FAT32 partitions in Safe Mode.

I have a Windows 10 partition that I booted into and used the first reply to this post to mount the EFI partition.

You could also use a Linux USB boot drive to access the EFI partition.

Essentially what you need to do is:
1. Delete OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi in EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI
2. Copy OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi to EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI

Once done you should be able to boot back into OSX.
I do not have a Clover USB Stick, neither a Windows partition, and even a CCC backup. But I do have a bootable Linux drive, so.. How would you do this in Linux? I updated without changing anything, and now I can only boot in Safe Mode or otherwise to a prohibition sign. Any help is appreciated, thankyou

Motherboard
GA-Z97MX-Gaming 5
CPU
i7 4790k
Graphics
GTX 1080ti SC2
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
Well as usual, things never go smoothly and I got the infamous Aptio error when booting after installing from the AppStore. With my GA-Z97MX-GAMING 5.

Booted in safe mode, installed NVidia Drivers, rebooted, same error.
So I fixed it via:

This does indeed work but unfortunately you cannot mount your EFI partition in Safe Mode in OSX. The reason is because you cannot read/write FAT32 partitions in Safe Mode.

I have a Windows 10 partition that I booted into and used the first reply to this post to mount the EFI partition.

You could also use a Linux USB boot drive to access the EFI partition.

Essentially what you need to do is:
1. Delete OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi in EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI
2. Copy OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi to EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI

Once done you should be able to boot back into OSX.
Thanks.
But there is no reason to go to such extent of using Windows or anything external.
I booted the recovery partition, then used Terminal, and manually mounted the EFI partition, copied the new file (previously downloaded when in safe mode), deleted the old one, voila!, I'm back and writing this post.

Motherboard
GA-Z87X-UD5H (Mavericks/Windows 7)
CPU
i7-4770K
Graphics
GTX 760 (4GB OC)
Mac
iMac, MacBook, MacBook Air, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
Well as usual, things never go smoothly and I got the infamous Aptio error when booting after installing from the AppStore. With my GA-Z97MX-GAMING 5.

Booted in safe mode, installed NVidia Drivers, rebooted, same error.
So I fixed it via:

Thanks.
But there is no reason to go to such extent of using Windows or anything external.
I booted the recovery partition, then used Terminal, and manually mounted the EFI partition, copied the new file (previously downloaded when in safe mode), deleted the old one, voila!, I'm back and writing this post.

Hi hpsychedelic,
Thanks for your post!

I currently have the same infamous Aptio error and am just trying your solution using Terminal.

So far I have:
  • downloaded the Fix2 driver onto a HFS formatted USB stick
  • booted the recovery partition on my Mac
  • in Terminal, mounted both the EFI and USB volumes

This is where I'm stuck - I can access the USB stick and see the Fix2 driver file fine, but I can't access the EFI partition.
I've tried mounting the whole disk and mounting the specific disk identifier, and both say mounting was successful, but when i cd to the EFI partition and list contents, it doesn't show anything there.

Any ideas?
I do have a bootable Linux drive as well, running Ubuntu.

Please help :crazy:
Thanks again!

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z97m-D3H
CPU
Intel Core i7-4790K
Graphics
EVGA GeForce GT 740
Mac
iMac, MacBook
Mobile Phone
iOS
HELP
I updated to latest Clover; downloaded Nvidia Web drivers & ran the combo update. After re-boot got black screen and grey wheel. Re-booted with nv_disable=1. System booted into 10.11.4 and installed Nvidia Web drivers.
Re-booted again and all is well, except the resolution on my monitor went down to 1080P, should be 2560X1440, was before the update.
I am not happy with the lower resolution, does anyone have any thoughts?

Motherboard
GA-Z97MX-Gaming 5
CPU
i7 4790k
Graphics
GTX 1080ti SC2
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hi hpsychedelic,
Thanks for your post!

I currently have the same infamous Aptio error and am just trying your solution using Terminal.

So far I have:
  • downloaded the Fix2 driver onto a HFS formatted USB stick
  • booted the recovery partition on my Mac
  • in Terminal, mounted both the EFI and USB volumes

This is where I'm stuck - I can access the USB stick and see the Fix2 driver file fine, but I can't access the EFI partition.
I've tried mounting the whole disk and mounting the specific disk identifier, and both say mounting was successful, but when i cd to the EFI partition and list contents, it doesn't show anything there.

Any ideas?
I do have a bootable Linux drive as well, running Ubuntu.

Please help :crazy:
Thanks again!
Hey man.
Well, for starters, this is what I use to mount the EFI partition, are we on the same line?

Code:
mkdir /Volumes/efi
mount -t msdos /dev/disk[B]XXX[/B] /Volumes/efi
(Sudo not needed on recovery as you start as root).

If that's exactly what you're doing then it baffles me as well, since I had no trouble reading the partition.
And that's also the command I always use when messing around with Clover Wizard thingy (except I have to sudo the mount).

An idea would be, to use your bootable USB disk, if available, and up to date (basically, a verbatim copy of the internal EFI partition, otherwise it may get stuck on an error message or a white screen or infinite loop; that's why I didn't even used mine, because dumb me forgot to update the USB stick and my internal EFI is not the same as the EFI folder on the USB anymore, but I'll get back to it over the weekend), to perform the same "fix" and boot from it.

Last resource, try and mount the EFI from ubuntu, see if anything's different.

Motherboard
mac
CPU
Intel
Graphics
6gb
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
I have still problem with audio "no output devices found" after instal multibeast driver.

Pleas help me, i spend one week and i did't find solution :(

intel core i7 4470k
asus maximus gene vi
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 4GB
32 gm ram
2 x ssd

Motherboard
ASUS Rampage V Extreme
CPU
i7 5930k
Graphics
GTX 970
Mac
Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
After updating to 10.11.4 though app store, system can't boot and stoop sign appeared any clues?
When I tried to re boot using -v the attached pic appeared
This has to do with your Clover. You should have installed the latest Clover before updating to 10.11.4. If you don't find any other way to successfully boot in OS X and install the latest Clover, the last chance is to install OS X back on the Hard Drive without formatting. It will roll back OS X to the version originally installed then you can go ahead.

Motherboard
ASUS Rampage V Extreme
CPU
i7 5930k
Graphics
GTX 970
Mac
Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hi
Now the nvidia 960 its working with hardware accel, but the nvidia control panel says that is using the default driver, and in verbose mode says Web driver loaded, strange and confusing
Anyone updated running skylake?
Let me clarify; a malfunctioning NVRAM is what is most likely to cause this issue. When you have saved the configuration to make the OS use the nVIDIA's Web Driver, normally this setting is saved in the NVRAM. But as you don't have a persistent memory correctly configured this setting is not saved there and that's why OS X gets back to it's default driver. The only thing that saves us here is the Clover's boot argument "nvda_drv=1" that underneath forces the OS to use the Web Drivers.

A possible way to fix this is to install Clover again and along select "EmuVariableUefi-64" and "RCScripts on target Volume".

Try this and let me know.