1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
It seems that my post in this Thread about needing help with getting NVRAM was moved or deleted... It was on Page 20, originally, but seems to be gone, now.

My post was in response to Hans88 who's post was on Page 7 but now is on Page 6...

Is this the post you're referring to?

Motherboard
GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UP5-TH
CPU
i5-3570K
Graphics
AMD RX570
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I updated my PovoMac from 10.11.3 to 10.11.4 via the comob update and now can't do a normal boot via Clover.

I've tried to boot with flags -v and with -v - UseKernelCache=No but I keep getting stuck at the same following screen. Based upon the error messages I'm getting in the photo below, I'd have thought using UseKernelCache=No would allow me to boot and then run Multibeast. I also have kext-dev-mode=1 set as a default boot flag in my Clover config.

I can boot into Recovery Mode Partition via Clover, so I'm guessing I can also get into Single User mode too.

IMG_8661.jpg

The machine specs are... GA-B75N - Pentium G2020 - GeForce GT 610

EDIT:

Issue fixed by following the advice in http://www.tonymacx86.com/os-x-updates/187001-os-x-10-11-4-update-4.html#post1223358

CPU
core i7
Graphics
intel hd 530
I have recreated bootable USB. and I tried to install.
But after copy files, computer doesn't boot.
If I enter as safe mode, then it boots, but display is not proper.
Please fix this issue asap.
Regards.

Motherboard
GA-Z87X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4770K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
My first attempted update via the App Store borked (sic) my build (it wouldn't boot past the Apple logo). So I re-cloned my boot drive from a 'Carbon Copy Cloner' backup* and tried again later.

The second update went smoothly, when following the directions below.

Essentially what you need to do is:
1. Delete OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi in EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI
2. Copy OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi to EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI

Once done you should be able to boot back into OSX.

Thank you Headkaze, this helped immensely!

My build:
GA-Z87X-UD5H
i7-4770k (no graphics card, Realtek ALC898 Audio)
Clover, El Capitan

* I highly recommend 'Carbon Copy Cloner' ("CCC") backup software. Easy to use, and you can boot from the cloned backups. When the update borked my boot drive, I simply booted into the identical cloned backup drive and re-cloned the boot drive as I continued working where I left off a few minutes earlier.

FWIW My boot drive is a 250GB SSD. CCC makes four staggered backups to a 1TB HD with four partitions. As mentioned, each backup is bootable. The first backup is done daily; the second, once a week; the third once a month; and the fourth is done manually and is typically the last stable build before a new system update. [I also make another manual backup on a separate drive, just in case].

I also use CCC to make targeted backups, e.g. "safety" backups of photo albums (it keeps a separate folder of deleted files/changes, reducing the risk of me permanently deleting or misplacing something on accident), synchronizing folders to/from Dropbox, etc.

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD7 TH LGA 1150
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
ASUS GTX980-4GD5
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Hello,
I did the upgrade from 10.11.3 to 10.11.4 via the app store and now my computer won't boot giving me the problem with optiofixdrv.

I read that I might have to change the OsxAptioFixDrv to the OsxAptioFixDrv2 but I don't know how to access the clover partition in windows.

I have 2 SSD's one with Windows 10 and the other with mac. Can anyone help me how can I change those files from windows??

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z97X-UD3H
CPU
i7-4790 LGA1150
Graphics
NVIDIA GFORCE GT 740
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Updated at first nothing but black screen - rebooted and added flag nv_disable=1 restarted and video came up nvidia automatically popped up and said there is an update - installed rebooted then ran trim utility - all good

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3
CPU
i3-6100
Graphics
GT 710
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
It might be a bit late, but it might help someone... I had no problems with the OsxAptioFixDrv / OsxAptioFix2Drv thing. On my legacy BIOS / clover system on a Z68x ud3h ub3.

None at all, not even audio.

Motherboard
Gigabyte P75-D3
Graphics
Nvidia GT430
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
This does indeed work but unfortunately you cannot mount your EFI partition in Safe Mode in OSX. The reason is because you cannot read/write FAT32 partitions in Safe Mode.

I have a Windows 10 partition that I booted into and used the first reply to this post to mount the EFI partition.

You could also use a Linux USB boot drive to access the EFI partition.

I do not have a Clover USB Stick, neither a Windows partition, and even a CCC backup. But I do have a bootable Linux drive, so.. How would you do this in Linux? I updated without changing anything, and now I can only boot in Safe Mode or otherwise to a prohibition sign. Any help is appreciated, thankyou

Motherboard
GA-Z97MX-Gaming 5
CPU
i7 4790k
Graphics
GTX 1080ti SC2
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Well as usual, things never go smoothly and I got the infamous Aptio error when booting after installing from the AppStore. With my GA-Z97MX-GAMING 5.

Booted in safe mode, installed NVidia Drivers, rebooted, same error.
So I fixed it via:

This does indeed work but unfortunately you cannot mount your EFI partition in Safe Mode in OSX. The reason is because you cannot read/write FAT32 partitions in Safe Mode.

I have a Windows 10 partition that I booted into and used the first reply to this post to mount the EFI partition.

You could also use a Linux USB boot drive to access the EFI partition.

Thanks.
But there is no reason to go to such extent of using Windows or anything external.
I booted the recovery partition, then used Terminal, and manually mounted the EFI partition, copied the new file (previously downloaded when in safe mode), deleted the old one, voila!, I'm back and writing this post.

Status
Not open for further replies.