Contribute
Register

OS X 10.11.4 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
After updating to 10.11.4 though app store, system can't boot and stoop sign appeared any clues?
When I tried to re boot using -v the attached pic appeared

This has to do with your Clover. You should have installed the latest Clover before updating to 10.11.4. If you don't find any other way to successfully boot in OS X and install the latest Clover, the last chance is to install OS X back on the Hard Drive without formatting. It will roll back OS X to the version originally installed then you can go ahead.

Hi
Now the nvidia 960 its working with hardware accel, but the nvidia control panel says that is using the default driver, and in verbose mode says Web driver loaded, strange and confusing
Anyone updated running skylake?

Let me clarify; a malfunctioning NVRAM is what is most likely to cause this issue. When you have saved the configuration to make the OS use the nVIDIA's Web Driver, normally this setting is saved in the NVRAM. But as you don't have a persistent memory correctly configured this setting is not saved there and that's why OS X gets back to it's default driver. The only thing that saves us here is the Clover's boot argument "nvda_drv=1" that underneath forces the OS to use the Web Drivers.

A possible way to fix this is to install Clover again and along select "EmuVariableUefi-64" and "RCScripts on target Volume".

Try this and let me know.

Hey man.
Well, for starters, this is what I use to mount the EFI partition, are we on the same line?

Code:
mkdir /Volumes/efi
mount -t msdos /dev/disk[B]XXX[/B] /Volumes/efi

(Sudo not needed on recovery as you start as root).

If that's exactly what you're doing then it baffles me as well, since I had no trouble reading the partition.
And that's also the command I always use when messing around with Clover Wizard thingy (except I have to sudo the mount).

An idea would be, to use your bootable USB disk, if available, and up to date (basically, a verbatim copy of the internal EFI partition, otherwise it may get stuck on an error message or a white screen or infinite loop; that's why I didn't even used mine, because dumb me forgot to update the USB stick and my internal EFI is not the same as the EFI folder on the USB anymore, but I'll get back to it over the weekend), to perform the same "fix" and boot from it.

Last resource, try and mount the EFI from ubuntu, see if anything's different.

Hey man!
Thanks a lot for the reply/help :)

I tried messing about with the commands you used in Terminal for a while, but couldn't get anywhere.
Eventually I switched to the Ubuntu USB stick method - it was a lot simpler than I thought and I managed to do it straight away lol -_-
Always a bit frustrating when that happens, but you live and you learn!

Thanks again for the help mate :thumbup:

If you're booting into the 'STOP' sign screen after being sent to your El Capitan install from Clover, how did using your Clover USB to get into that El Capitan install even work?

Updated seamlessly without any problem. However, uninstalled Nvidia web driver before installing updates and reinstalled the new graphics driver and cuda driver after completing the installation. Initially, I tried downloading updates twice from app store but the updates failed to installed. However, subsequently downloaded dmg file from browser and installation went smoothly. Another thing I noticed was on version 10.11.2 I had to boot with flags nv_disable=1 and GraphicsEnabler=No to evade restart loop after uninstalling graphics driver, however in the new 10.11.4 no boot flags are required.:headbang:

Thanks for the installation steps and recommendations. It all worked fine with the 10.11.4 update when setting in the Boot Args "nv_disable=1" and then update the Nvidia web drivers.

My setup, i5, EVGA GeForce GT 730, Gigabyte Z97X Gaming 5. So far no problems, USB, Audio and Wifi all seems to work.

Thanks

This does indeed work but unfortunately you cannot mount your EFI partition in Safe Mode in OSX. The reason is because you cannot read/write FAT32 partitions in Safe Mode.

I have a Windows 10 partition that I booted into and used the first reply to this post to mount the EFI partition.

You could also use a Linux USB boot drive to access the EFI partition.

Essentially what you need to do is:
1. Delete OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi in EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI
2. Copy OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi to EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI

Once done you should be able to boot back into OSX.

I was having the same problem and I followed your post, now I'm getting into this indeterministic state. Some times system hangs before boot complete (I've attached a boot log), some times it boots fine, some times the original issue happen (hangs immediately after the Apple log shows, no boot log found).

One thing I noticed is, when system failed to boot, there is no sign of injecting NullCPUPowerManagement.kext and
FakeSMC.kext in the log, but when it starts normally, I can see logs like "NullCPUPowerManagement::start" and "FakeSMC: 5 keys exported by Clover EFI".

I'm using Clover, the latest version.
Kexts: FakeSMC.kext, NullCPUPowerManagement.kext, RtWlanU.kext, USBInjectAll.kext, realtekALC.kext
No DSDT
Also attached my config.plist

Can someone help?

Attachments

• boot-log.txt
    63.6 KB · Views: 342
  • config.plist
    6.3 KB · Views: 358
I updated Clover to r3504. After that I ran the App Store Update to 10.11.4 (from 10.11.3). And finally I updated the Nvidia web drivers.
Everything works perfect :D

EDIT:
I found one problem. After every start, my mac resets the graphics driver to default and I have to change it before shutdown. Otherwise I can not boot next time

SECOND EDIT:
The problem is, that OS X resets the nvram every time. Now I set nvda_drv=1 in clover and it works again :D

Last edited:
I'm very new to being a member of this site, got into a bad auto accident and my build is 10.7.5 Lion, is it safe to update to El Capitan with a build of Gigabyte z68xp-d4 3.59 Intel Core I7 Ati Radeon HD 6800 Series 2048 MB? I ran into a slew of issues after updating to 10.7.5 Kernel re kext issues with my graphics card.
Today Apple released 10.11.4, the fourth major update to OS X El Capitan. Update any supported system using the built-in Software Update functionality through the Mac App Store, or by using the standalone installer available from Apple.com.

Be sure to back up any important data, and if possible clone your hard drive before applying the update. If you have any issues post-update, boot using UniBeast created USB, press spacebar, and boot using Safe Mode.

What we know about 10.11.4 so far...
  • OS X Build 15E65
  • Kernel updated to Darwin 15.4.0
  • Kernel support for Skylake Systems without 'APIC Fix'
  • Updated Intel, NVIDIA, and AMD graphics drivers
  • This update will replace your audio drivers. If you enabled Realtek onboard audio using MultiBeast or the CloverALC110 script, no changes will be necessary.
  • Install OS X El Capitan App Updated - If you downloaded El Capitan from the App Store prior to today, and you want to have the latest version on your backup installer USB, simply log into the Mac App Store and click Download. The updated 10.11.4 Install OS X El Capitan App can be found in the Applications folder. You may then re-create your UniBeast installation USB.

Testing is now underway- this post will be updated. Good luck, and let us know how it goes! Report your results here.

Related Posts:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/os-x-updates/183129-os-x-10-11-3-update.html
http://www.tonymacx86.com/os-x-updates/177647-os-x-10-11-2-update.html
http://www.tonymacx86.com/os-x-updates/173245-os-x-10-11-1-update.html
http://www.tonymacx86.com/apple-news-rumors/173244-os-x-el-capitan-now-available-mac-app-store.html
http://www.tonymacx86.com/os-x-updates/170198-os-x-10-10-5-update.html
OS X 10.10.4 Update
OS X 10.10.3 Update
OS X 10.10.2 Update
OS X 10.10.1 Update
OS X Yosemite is Now Available on the Mac App Store

Hello,

I'm currently on a Skylake i7-6700k system with a GTX 650 that had graphic acceleration working by default in 10.11.3. Since updating to .4, I can now only boot with nv_disable=1 which in turn gives me horrible resolution and graphics performance. Any thoughts on how to get full acceleration back?

-Eric

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back