Contribute
Register

OS X 10.10.5 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Updated from the Appstore, the computer rebooted with no issues (I was with OS X 10.10.1).

Then I ran Multibeast 7.4.1 to fix all the possible issues generated by the update, I've overwritten the audio driver too (ALC 892) and after that the Audio volume coming from the speakers started being very low compared to the volume before the update. Even setting the OS X volume to the max, the speaker volume to the max too, the audio was still not loud at all (I expected it should have blown me away).
I then ran an old version of Multibeast (7.1.1) overwriting the ALC892 driver again and everything went back to normal.

X58A-UD3R v2, Xeon 5650, GTX 680 Graphics Card.

Updated from App Store, had to change Audio (from MultiBeast) and Trim from command line. Updated latest graphic drivers and Cuda. Changed System Definitions to MacPro 3,1. Repair Disk Permissions and everything works great so far.

Any ideas why 10.10.4 and 10.10.5 would disable wake on lan? It was working for me in 10.10.3. If i downgrade and don't change anything else it works again.

The update failed for me, and I had to do a clean install.

However, I have no audio (on a Clover boot). Running Multibeast (which usually fixes the problem) instead gives me an:

"Installation Failed" error.

The multibeast log says the following with regards to the error:

installer: Package name is Apple-HDA-889
installer: upgrading at base path /
Installer: The upgrade failed (the Installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance)

Hey, after the 10.10.5 update my display will not go to sleep anymore. Any ideas why? Tried reinstalling fakesmc and other ktext but no fix yet. It works when in safe mode though.

Updated my MSI-G41-P25 Core 2 Quad 9400 build to 10.10.5. Everything is good to go Powermanagement working fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back