Contribute
Register

OS X 10.10.5 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it stable for professional work?

I’m very, very new at this Please forgive my lack of knowledge when it comes to posting.

I'm physically disabled with over 10 years on the PC side.

1. I don’t own or have access to a Mac. Can I still turn my PC into a Hackentosh, If so how?
2. I would like to turn my system into a dual boot; Windows 10 and latest most stable Mac OS X?
3. I was told to get a hold of Tony, but I don’t have a clue!

I’m very, very new at this Please forgive my lack of knowledge when it comes to posting.

I'm physically disabled with over 10 years on the PC side.

1. I don’t own or have access to a Mac. Can I still turn my PC into a Hackentosh, If so how?
2. I would like to turn my system into a dual boot; Windows 10 and latest most stable Mac OS X?

You already asked these questions : Post #87.
They were answered by @Going Bald in Post #88.

Hi everyone!

I tried to update yesterday from 10.10.3 to 10.10.5 via de app store, and while the update did work, it left me now unable to boot to the OS.

I am using:

Multibeast - Chimera
ASUS Sabertooth z97 mk2
i7 4790k
HD4600

The problem looks like this when booting:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04PmYAlK6hc

It appears to be a graphics issue (?), but I don't really know.

I am able to boot in safe mode (-x) to the OS, and the system shows that my OS version is 10.10.5.

I tried booting with -v to see if I could check what the problem is, but it glitches in the same fashion than with the grey apple screen, making it unable to read the text.

After some browsing I read that installing the bootloader (Multibeast - Chimera) again might work, so I tried it, but I forgot that for the asus motherboards you had to tweak your EFI partition to be recognized as bootable, and I don't remember how it was done at this moment, so I am using my USB to boot atm.

So if anyone could help me out here it would help me out a ton, as I am fairly new to hackintosh, bootflags, kexts, and whatnot, and don't quite understand all of it just yet. But I learn quickly!

Thank you for reading :)

Just updated 10.10.4 to 10.10.5

I'm using clover. G-z97m, 4770k, 650gt.

Update went perfectly smooth. No kext needed changing or reinstalling or anything. Audio via toledo worked fine, trim stayed enabled, updated nvidia drivers to latest version. Everything great.

Updated yesterday. Went from 10.10.2 directly to 10.10.5. Everything is working expect I've encountered random freezes when I want to copy SD card to HDD as well as sometimes after sleep monitor doesn't wake up as well but keeps going to energy saver mode. If someone could help be with this I will be thankful :clap::D

just ran the upgrade using the OSXComboUpdate 10.10.5 file and all went smooth.
Ran the disk util permissions repair on the HDD. Then launched upgrade.
System rebooted without issue, but had no sound. I then download the Multicast 7.5 and reapplied my multibeast config file again and sound was back after another reboot.

My system is Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UP5TH, EVGA GTX600 video, OCS SSD 500 GB, 32 GB RAM, i7 CPU

Did the update from the App Store, but system would NOT boot anymore.

booted up in safemode (-x); ran multibeast again and now everything is perfect.

A blissfully zero problem update.

Only things I did different than "the usual" (see first page of this thread) were:

- Use the nv_disable=1 flag on the first boot after updating the OS
- Before second (Multibeast/audio) boot update the Nvidia driver.

Haven't seen any issues yet.

Acer Aspire 7720G updated through OS X Update without issues at all. Repaired permissions just in case.
I use USB sound and WiFi, so that was not a case for me.

As a rule, I always clone my OS X to a different drive and try the install over there first, so that I did, I cloned my OS X 10.10.4 to an internal 300MB HD that I use as an alternate Boot or Sandbox to experiment, I followed all recomendations (repair permision, download 10.10.5 combo, execute combo, re-boot, Multibeast 7.5, re-boot, Success!!! all working fine.. :)

So I decided to run the update for real on my system disk (this time to a SSD 240 GB), so I repair permisions, execute combo, and just when it re-boot (to complete the installation) my system died (black screen) :( , and it was not because a power failure.

I was able to reboot again to 10.10.4 on my SSD, so tried again the update, and again black screen as soon as it tries to reboot to complete installation. Unfortunately it doesn't boot anymore to 10.10.4. on the SSD :(

I booted from my 300 GB HD, ran Multibeast 7.5 to the SSD (just in case) but it still doesn't boot, it dies on the screen with the little apple haldfway booting.

The 1st installation (trial) worked flawlessly on an exact copy of my system disc (except is was on a 300GB Hard Drive), but when trying to install on the SSD it did't even complete the installation. I'm sure is not drivers related ( I have a Radeon HD6850) as all work on the 300 GB Hard Drive.

Any Idea what could be the problem? well, I think it could be something related to 'TRIM", right?.
If so, any way I can fix my current OS X on the SSD? I'm almost sure, clonning my successful install of 10.10.5 to the SSD might work, but.... do I need to do something special to that installation before clone it to the SSD?

Thanks in advance for all your help on this.

Last minute Update: It's working now :)

As soon as I got home, I tried several thing but none work with the Old SSD disk, it never boot again, so, I decided to move on and clone the 10.10.5 working installation (on my 300GB HD) back to my SSD.
First attempt didn't work, I didn't change the 10.10.4 configuration on Mutibeast, so I changed it, unchecked the Trim Enable option and that was it, my SSD boot again now want 10.10.5 and everything is working as before.

Regards,

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back