Contribute
Register

OS X 10.10.5 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Btw i have noticed that after the 10.10.5 update Trim is still active so once you've enabled it you don't need to re-patch it as long as you used sudo trimforce enable before.

Just updated and had to reinstall Sound and EvOreboot. But now I'm having some random freezes..
Ive had that issues before but now its happing more frequently.. Ill keep y'all updated..

Had to re-enble trim & sound using Multi Beast 7.4, The web driver update popped up on its own. Everything is working great

I am not using clover, I experimented with clover, Unibeast & MultiBeast were much more stable with my system.

My system is:
MacPro3,1
GA-Z97MX-Gaming 5
3.8 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon E5
16 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
NVIDIA GeForce GT 640 2047 MB
TRIM Support Yes

Damn Apple... I just updated to 10.10.4 a couple of weeks ago. Back to the drawing board

Just updated to 10.10.5 from 10.10.4 from the MAS. Everything went as expected. Used multibeast to get audio back.

Used trimforce command to enable trim. I didn't use this on 10.10.4 as I had seen some people saying their internal drives were showing up as external drives after running the trimforce command. I decided to bite the bullet this time and run it. Trim is now enabled and drives are shown as internal.

Thanks Tony and community!

Successfully updated :)

I'm running PC Mate z97, Intel Core i5 4690k, 16GB RAM and a Nvidia GTX 960 (2GB) graphics card.

The only thing I had todo was reinstall the nvidia drivers and I'm using chimera.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back