Contribute
Register

OS X 10.10.5 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
I updated directly from 10.10.3 to 10.10.5 on my Clover installation using the Combo Updater. The only thing I had to do (since I have an nVidia GTX 750) is add "-nv_disable=1" to the boot flags the first boot, then install the beta nVidia web drivers and reboot. TRIM and audio both survived the update (probably since I'm using kext patching in Clover to make them work).

So before attempting to do the update, I should add "nv_disable=1", or after first reboot?

Clover user with Gigabyte Z87-HD3 and Core i5. Update to 10.10.5 was flawless. Audio, TRIM, and iMessage unaffected and continue to function perfectly. :thumbup:

Updated my new-build (UD-9) based on a Gigabyte Z97M-D3H with 16gb of 1866ghz HyperX RAM and a GT740 OC graphics card ...

No boot screen command-lines needed.

Sound and Trim needed re-enabling. Used MultiBeast for both.

Running fine.

PS - Interestingly for this build FaceTime has logged in and works, whereas before it refused to activate. Didn't have to perform any tricks OS X just popped-up a log-in window and I was up and running. Haven't tried iMessage yet and am cautious about trying as it has also refused previously. No more news, just interesting.

Updated trough the App Store from 10.10.3, using Clover bootloader (don't know which version but its a couple months old).
So far the only thing not working like before is the NVIDIA Web Driver. Have to boot with
Code:
nv_disable=1
otherwise its fully functional. (Still need to check if Trim is enabled)

I have to say i've become an unwanted day one adopter... i finally had time to update to 10.10.4 but i hadn't yet heard about 10.10.5 and the App Store still showed the 10.10.4 update but downloaded 10.10.5 o_O **** happens :banghead:. Now i have to decide if i want to restore from backup or just use my MBP till the updated NIVIDIA web drivers come out. I'll probably go for the latter.

Mobo: Asus Z97 Sabertooth Mark II
CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K
GFX: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970
RAM: Hyper X Fury 32GB 1600 MHz
Bluetooth / WLAN: Apple Broadcom BCM94360CD (genuine Apple Airport Card with PCIe Adapter)

Dont you have poor performance with GTX 660 on Yosemite? My 660ti feels weird on Yosemite with UI lag.
(10.10-10.10.4)

while stock driver supports 600 series. it performs really badly with them. the web driver improved performance for that series just as much as it did 900 series. I can attest that this is true for desktop 680 cards, and mobility 650M-680MX used in real apple hardware.

Update did not go as smooth as expected; On first boot had to boot safely and with nv_disable=1 (expected that), then I had to reinstall my bootloader and my audio and Nvidia drivers. Then rebooted up normally only with nvda_drv=1.

Everything is working well though.

H61M-USB3-B3
I5-2500
GTX960

First of all, this is my hardware:

MSI Z77A-GD65 | Core i5-2500K | 8GB DDR3 G.Skill Ripjaws X 1600 | Sapphire Dual-X R9 280x OC
250GB SSD Samsung 840 Evo | 5TB HDD | Corsair VX550W | Fractal Define R4 | Dell U2715H

I have successfully updated from 10.10.4 to 10.10.5 using the combo package. After reboot, I had only need to reinstall the sound kext using Multibeast.

Updated trough the App Store from 10.10.3, using Clover bootloader (don't know which version but its a couple months old).
So far the only thing not working like before is the NVIDIA Web Driver. Have to boot with
Code:
nv_disable=1
otherwise its fully functional. (Still need to check if Trim is enabled)

I have to say i've become an unwanted day one adopter... i finally had time to update to 10.10.4 but i hadn't yet heard about 10.10.5 and the App Store still showed the 10.10.4 update but downloaded 10.10.5 o_O **** happens :banghead:. Now i have to decide if i want to restore from backup or just use my MBP till the updated NIVIDIA web drivers come out. I'll probably go for the latter.

Mobo: Asus Z97 Sabertooth Mark II
CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K
GFX: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970
RAM: Hyper X Fury 32GB 1600 MHz
Bluetooth / WLAN: Apple Broadcom BCM94360CD (genuine Apple Airport Card with PCIe Adapter)

Just updated to the newest NVIDIA Web Drivers (346.02.03f01) without any problems. :headbang:
Trim is now working again after using (500GB 850 Evo Basic):
Code:
[COLOR=#000000]sudo trimforce enable[/COLOR]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back