Contribute
Register

OS X 10.10.4 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have seamlessly updated to 10.10.4.
I had to reinstall my ALC877 audio driver since it was missing.
It is installed and volume change displays fine however I don't get any sound out of my machine.
Has anyone experienced such a problem?
Any help?
Thanks,

10.10.4 Works fine on Gigabyte Z68MA-D2H-B3 [Downloaded direct via Appstore] I use clover now it installed directly no missing kexts
-Repair permissions first either using “kext utility tool” or type following command in terminal “sudo diskutil repairPermissions /“ without quotes
-Update will auto install and Reboot PC
-install audio kext ALC889 DSDT FREE if your missing them
-Enable Trim via new methodopen terminal and type the following command "sudo trimforce enable"without quotes answer yes to the questions and shazam computer will reboot you have trim enabled
-Repair permissions first either using “kext utility tool” or type following command in terminal “sudo diskutil repairPermissions /“ without quotes
-Reboot and your done

Worked fine for my GA-X58A-UD3R Rev 2 system. All working as usual with the exception of iMessage.

P.S. Gosh how I wish the Chimera and Clover Wonder-twin powers could activate, and deliver a Clover-like solution with all the ease of installation and configuration that MultiBeast offers - particularly on the legacy BIOS systems (which still run great)!

Updated using combo update.....all went good without a glitch....nothing broken so far....Geekbench and Cinebench score are yet to be checked. BTW, I'm using Clover in UEFI mode

Update: GB and CB Scores are OK

10.10.4 update broke my ATI Radeon 5750. After re-applying device id to AMDRadeonX3000.kext and AMD5000Controller.kext I still do not have hardware accelerated video. Any ideas on fixing it?

EDIT: ignore me. I entered the device id wrong.

installed on my GA-H81-N with i3-4330 and gtx750 displayport card.

first boot fail.

next added flags nv_disable and graphics display outs = 1

it booted, asked for new nvidia web driver install, i then used multibeast to reinstall audio..

reboot, all good, added the new Trim command and after reboot were all back in business, great stff..

T7.

This is the first update I've ever done where everything (even my audio drivers) just worked. Did the Apple Store update from 10.10.2, flawless. :clap:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back