Register

OS X 10.10.4 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
All working fine for me:

GA-Z77X-UD5H
i7-3770K "Ivy Bridge"

Nvidia GTX970 (Gigabyte G1 Gaming)
DELL U3415W (connected via mini-Display-Port)

Clover 3241 → iMac12,2

I installed from the Combo-Updater, restarted with 'nv_disable=1', installed Nvidia Web Driver 346.01.03b01, restart agin (normal)

EDIT: NOT working with "WebDriver-346.01.03f01" (back screen) - only with 'WebDriver-346.01.03b01'

All done. Everything went smooth.

» Install 10.10.4
» Reboot
» Install Audio (ALC889 for me) with Multibeast
» Install TRIM with terminal command ---> sudo trimforce enable
» Reboot
» Repair Permissions

Thanks so much, Tonymacx86's Team!

In order to boot with a GTX 970, I needed safe mode and nv_disable=1 until I installed the new web drivers. Installing the drivers before updating might fix this, though. Everything else worked great.

Here's what I did:

• Download 10.10.4 Combo-Updater from Apple's web site.
  • Restart my computer into BIOS settings to make sure I have CPU graphics enabled.
  • Shut down computer.
  • Take out my EVGA GTX970 GPU.
  • Connect a screen to onboard DVI.
  • Start up computer.
  • Run 10.10.4 combo update from disk image and let it do its thing.
  • After restart open the system settings for the NVidia driver which instantly complains it's not the right version for 10.10.4 and offers to download the latest version, so I the NVidia driver download and install the latest version and restart the computer afterwards as usual.
  • 10.10.4 starts fine.
  • Shut down computer. Put the GTX970 back in. Reconnect my two screens to the GPU. Switch the computer back on.

EDIT: My audio driver survived the update and still works. Yay.
Edit 2: Spelling typo fixed. Apologies.

Writing it all down almost took me longer than actually doing it. :)

Many thanks go out to all the fine people with helpful tips here in the forum.

* GA-Z77-DS3H + Intel HD4000 Gfx + OS X 10.10.4 Update SUCCESS ! *

• Updated from OS X 10.10.0 direct to OS X 10.10.4 Yosemite
  • Repaired Permission first then ran the OS X Update via the App Store
  • Didn't re-patch a thing thanks to Clover (Realtek ALC887 & TRIM working as before !)
  • Ohh.. and iMessage (which didn't work for me in OS X 10.10.0) Works.. :thumbup:
Update: i tried iTunes Beats 1 Radio but the only thing that worked for me was the 'Listen Now' button however the "Featured Stations" and Genre stations would not play :(

Repaired permissions, downloaded and installed the Combo update; restarted and all worked great! Just to be safe I went and booted to the recovery partition and ran a Permissions Repair just to be safe.

With Clover my audio worked and I was set to go after that!

Oh I'm running a 4770k i7 on a GByte GA-Z87MX-D3H.

Successful update from 10.10.3 to 10.10.4 with these drivers.

After updating through the App Store and restarting, I booted successfully into safe mode with:

maxmem=4096 -x nv_disable=1

Thank you for these instructions, worked good on my GA-Z97MX-Gaming 5 board with an Asus Strix GTX960 card.

All smooth here. Downloaded the DMG vs running via Mac App Store. After install, had to use "nv_disable=1" in Clover to get to boot. Then installed latest NVIDIA drivers linked in this post. Rebooted once more without using "nv_disable=1", then still had no audio on ALC1150. Re-ran Toleda Audio_RealtekALC and rebooted, selected internal audio, and had my sound back. Noticed I still had Mac App Store update, it was iTunes 12.2, installed that and was good to go. Easy peasy lemon squeezy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back