Contribute
Register

OS X 10.10.4 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reporting a smooth upgrade following Stork's direction. I upgraded via the App Store.

Only scary moment was after running trimforce on my Sandisk SDSSDHP128G. After it reported the operation was complete but before the machine rebooted, the system froze. But it came up fine after a hard power cycle, so :thumbup:

All done, no problems just audio to reinstall as usual.

This update doesn't just disable Trim Enable app it removes it.

But now you can use Trimforce Enable in terminal to use Apples own Trim command. Run as root.

Lol Tony beat me to it.

Hi, did you use multibeast 6.1 or 7.3 to reinstall the audio?

I tried both but neither worked. Mine is ALC892. Thx!

Update via App Store went flawless for me, didn't even have to do the nvidia disable flag to boot. Let the update run, rebooted, let nVidia web driver update, rebooted and then only had to reinstall intel graphics driver patch for mixed configurations. Good to go, nothing else needed. Also, I'm one of the few, it seems, still on Chimera. :mrgreen:

Initially the update went smooth

Started to get bluetooth and Ethernet problems (stopped working)

After rebooting from these problems twice system prompted to fix a bunch of Library files....

Lost all settings and apps..... like it's a fresh start.

Just saying.... followed all instructions.... Combo update.

Edit: Restored from time machine backup.... seems fine.

Heya.

After the 10.10.4 update, I had the same black screen problem I'd run into with 10.10.3 and found a fix for in this thread.

I was able to fix it as described here, in an update to that thread

:clap:

Gotta love this forum. Had gone through all of the suggestions for my black screen problem in 10.10.4. This finally fixed it for my GTX660. Now works even better than what I had running in 10.10.3.

Wouldn't boot after update. Had to boot with nv_disable=1. Used nvidia driver manager to update driver, and all is well.
i7-4790K
Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK
Gigabyte GTX980-TI

Hi all!

After update system to 10.10.4 --Geforce 750Ti-- never boot again. What is the solution? Thanks ;)

DSC_0258[1].jpg

Hi all.

Was able to get 10.10.4 going. I did had some odd issues though.

a) I have Geforce 750Ti so without upgrading the Nvidia Web Driver, I could not boot. Simply go to bios, use Intel graphics and boot. Install Nvidia update, shut down, reboot and select Nvidia Web Driver. Restart, go into bios then change graphics setting, switch HDMI connection and I was done.
b) I had this weird xHCI issue with USB3.0 hub connection causing freeze. I changed the xHCI setting in bios from Auto to Enabled and seems like the problem is gone.

Thank you and I love this forum.

Hi all!

After update system to 10.10.4 --Geforce 750Ti-- never boot again. What is the solution? Thanks ;)

View attachment 143788

Did you try nv_disable=1? I couldn't boot without it (ASUS GT-730 2GB).

After installing the 10.10.4 nvidia web drivers and adding nvda_drv=1 to the kernel flags in org.cameleon.Boot.plist everything works well.

In some previous guides for Maxwell cards I remember that the procedure was a bit different: it required to change boot flags to nv_disable=1, installing NVIDIA Alternate graphics drivers, then again put boot flags to nvda_drv=1. Isn't this procedure valid anymore?
I am currently running Yosemite 10.10.3 (updated from 10.10.1, then 2, then 3) with Clover.
Thanks ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back