Contribute
Register

OS X 10.10.2 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a hang on boot, but this was my first time updating my first Hackintosh. I didn't realise/remember that I had to pass nv_disable=1 on first boot till I could install the new Nvidia drivers.

After that it was smooth. Reinstalled Trim Support and re-enabled my ALC892 audio.

I'm on Clover and I can say the update was flawless. Updated through App Store.

Z68X-UD3H-B3
i5-2500K
XFX 6870

Sound works - HDMI included.
Ethernet works.

USB 3 is a little bit wonky.

:)

Just installed the update. I'm using the Sabertooth X79 with GTX 970. I had to run Multibeast and install the webdrivers, but everything is working as usual. No sound issues or gfx issues.

Is it possible to migrate to clover without having to reinstall osx ?

The battery indicator is not recognizing the battery. (Do not use DSDT, only VoodooBattery) I do not know how to do DSDT. Do you know how to operate?

Have you tried using Trim Enabler (http://www.cindori.org/software/trimenabler/). It stops the service that checks for trim harddrives and allows me to boot. Using MB trim enabler on my X79 sandy system renders it unbootable, but using trim enabler worked on both my systems. That being said I am worried that updating will break Trim Enabler's patch and will therefore render the system unbootable. Please let me know what you find out. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back