Contribute
Register

OS X 10.10.2 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wish they had resolved the driver issue where HDMI 2.0 on GTX 980 only outputs 4K(UHD) @ 30hz on the LG 49UB8500B. Maybe with next nvidia updated drivers... will keep waiting until apple itself adopts the new technology on one of the next machines. Which one should we wait for? Mac Pro, macbook pro?

Does your LG support full 4:4:4 Chroma? sometimes this is the reason 60hz fails for some devices.

Installed trough the App Store. Install went fine but now I can't boot, not even in safe mode.

I tried booting with the -x, -f and -nv_disable=1 flags with no luck.

I get stuck right after the [IOBluetoothHCIController] logs so I assume it's a graphics problem.

I was using the Nvidia web drivers.

Chimera, Asus Z97-Pro (Wi-Fi ac), i7 4790k, GTX 970

You need to update the drivers if you hadn't already. Yesterday there were beta drivers but this morning the release drivers compatible with 10.10.2 were released.

Beta drivers did work for the GTX 970.

I couldn't get the computer to use the HD4600 if the GPU had power so I had to boot with it unplugged and install the beta drivers. However the Nvidia installer won't let you install the drivers if it doesn't detect a card. If you have Flat Package Editor open up the driver package and drag the Distribution file to your desktop. Open that up with text editor and change the zero circled below to a "1" and save. Go back to Flat package editor and delete the Distribution file. Now drag the edited Distribution file into the flat package editor window and save. Now run the driver installer and it shouldn't complain. Shutdown and reconnect the card.

View attachment 123994

Thank you for this tip. But I found out that I did not need to edit the package, I was able to boot using the HD4600 and install the new update right from the nVidia Driver Manager. After this I was able to boot using my GTX 980 again.
Other than that I only needed to reinstall my Realtek audio driver from Multibeast everything els seems to run just fine.

What the f...k???!!!
The Combo Update doesn't update 10.10.1, only 10.10.0 which is a first for Apple. Use the MAS 10.10.2 software update. Use this link for the corrected Combo Update. Thanks to nobodynose in Post #134.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back