Contribute
Register

OS X 10.10.1 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Updated to 10.10.1
2 times restarted while booting with errors, 3th time - ok. Running Smooth.
Z77mx-d3h, i5 [email protected]
8GB DDR3 HyperX Blu
GTX660 2gb
UEFI CLOVER bootloader
----------------
Sound works without patching
USB 2.0 works
Ethernet- works

Article: OS X 10.10.1 Update

A tip, with clover just hotpatch trim, one less thing to break/refix every update

If you use Clover Configurator you can follow this steps:
go to Kernel and Kext Patches add a new row
in name put IOAHCIBlockStorage
in find hex put 004150504C452053534400
in replace hex put 0000000000000000000000
in comment you can write what you want (a description for example)
in InfoPlistPatch leave it as is (unchecked)
Save and reboot.

Good Call !!!!!!!!!

10.10.1 Works fine on Gigabyte Z68MA-D2H-B3 [Downloaded combo update and installed]
-Repair permissions first either using “kext utility tool” or type following command in terminal “sudo disktuil repairPermissions /“ without quotes
-Install combo update
-Update will auto install and Reboot PC
-install audio kext ALC889 DSDT FREE
-Re Enable TRIM on SSD using Multibeast
-RE- Repair permissions again first either using “kext utility tool” or type following command in terminal “sudo disktuil repairPermissions /“ without quotes
-Reboot and your done

my build everything ok just apply again trim patch and audio alc 889. ps in multibeast 7.0.2 no audio alc? just voodoo... i apply again the audio from version 7.0.1.

Lol I just spent the night clean installing good old Mavericks over Yosem****e. (yep, I just coined that). Now I'm wondering/hoping if this update addresses the shoddy GUI performance issues plaguing 10.10? I can live with fluoro folders, poorly refined monochrome icons and and awful hyperlink-inspired "minimalist" text-based button navigation… But losing milliseconds waiting for struggling GUI computation to complete… erk... it just makes the whole OSX experience seem clunky and almost pretend. Like the suspension of disbelief is interrupted and the whole experience seems like a thin facade. wow, this is getting ranty… ooops. /out

All fine in my Toshiba L835 (y) i update with Mac App Store, and only replace Apple HDA kext to get sound :p

Attachments

• snap.jpg
    snap.jpg
    397.9 KB · Views: 282

Lol I just spent the night clean installing good old Mavericks over Yosem****e. (yep, I just coined that). Now I'm wondering/hoping if this update addresses the shoddy GUI performance issues plaguing 10.10? I can live with fluoro folders, poorly refined monochrome icons and and awful hyperlink-inspired "minimalist" text-based button navigation… But losing milliseconds waiting for struggling GUI computation to complete… erk... it just makes the whole OSX experience seem clunky and almost pretend. Like the suspension of disbelief is interrupted and the whole experience seems like a thin facade. wow, this is getting ranty… ooops. /out

You're not the only one. I went "back" to mavericks too and feel like i made the right choice.

Played around a week with yosemite and it just isnt worth it. It's just made to sell more macs..the font rendering/size etc everything sucks.

The preview app in yosemite is just awful. The text is unreadable in pdfs.

As long as mavericks is working...im happy.

Z87M-D3H Core i3 updated no problems what so ever had to reinstall Sound and Trim got 2 more hacks to do my Z77-DS3H and H61N-USB3 :thumbup:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-11-17 at 22.56.49.png
    Screen Shot 2014-11-17 at 22.56.49.png
    67.2 KB · Views: 186
After upgrade getting AppleIntelCPUPowerManagment(218.8) Kernel Panic
Also noticed that AppleTyMCEDriver.kext reappeared in /s/l/e

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back