Contribute
Register

Optimized AppleHDA for Realtek ALC 889 on Lion - Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay guys I'm brand new so bare with me a bit here.

After some trouble getting things going to begin with I'm finally updated to 10.7.4 with graphics and ethernet working fine. But I can't get my onboard Realtek 889 working. I have tried as many ways as I can think of using MultiBeast and the ktext file. Chimira (with graphics and ethernet) seems to work fine if I do the regular EasyBeast install. But if I try to use MultiBeast to install any of the 889 "drivers" (ALC8xxHDA/Non-DSDT HDAEnabler/Patched AppleHDA and any combination there of) it breaks Chimira (if I do it while installing EasyBeast or after EastBeast install and a restart) gives me the black power off screen and I have to use rBoot to get back in and my audio still doesn't work. Installing the ktext file manually using KextBeast does the same thing. I do get little blips of sound from my speakers on start up no matter what I do (if this make any difference). I'm not really interested in all of the fancy 5.1 or HDMI audio. Just plain old stereo from the back green output is fine with me. Oh and as per instructions in the first post, I have tried booting Chimira with GraphicsEnabler=no. Doesn't make a difference. Any ideas on what I am doing wrong or what I need to do?

Reviewing this thread I've noticed you guys asking for certain files. If you need any of these from me to help debug then you'll have to give me a quick rundown on how I get them. I am totally clueless at this point.

Here are my system specs if you need them:
Intel Core i3-2120
Gigabyte GA-H61N-USB3 Intel H61
4 GB DDR3 1333
1 TB Western Digital Caviar Black
GIGABYTE ATI Radeon HD6850
LG Electronics WH12LS39K Blu-Ray rewriter

Please help. I am so close to being done with this 3 day long process. :banghead:

PLEASE HELP ME NO WORK AUDIO ALC889 DIGITAL OPTICAL WITH BOARD DX58SO

jasonlund said:
Reviewing this thread I've noticed you guys asking for certain files. If you need any of these from me to help debug then you'll have to give me a quick rundown on how I get them.
IORegistryExplorer/File/Save a Copy As..., open file to verify and attach.

Hi toleda, in my configuration with your optimized AppleHDA audio stills pops :( How I can verify?

Thanks again Toleda. I am now in 10.7.4 with GA X58A-UD7 and your patched AppleHDA.kext. Have not tried HDMI sound out yet. It did work before with the XFX 6870 BE. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back