Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> OpenCore battery patch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi @moh.96 here I am again! Thanks for the previous help with the Surface Pro! I just got my hands on a cheap thinkpad and successfuly installed macOS on it following a guide on GitHub. Everything seems to be working well, except for one thing, yep thats why i'm here, the battery indicator doesn't work.

Despite the guide saying that the EFI has a precise battery patched, on mine it's stuck on 1%, and the status is saying that the battery is not charging. This laptop has 2 batteries installed in it.

Specs of the Thinkpad:
Thinkpad T460s
i7 6600U
8GB RAM
Install guide: https://github.com/simprecicchiani/ThinkPad-T460s-macOS-OpenCore

Would u mind taking a look at the EFI when u have free time?

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• T460s EFI.zip
    10.8 MB · Views: 56
Hi @moh.96 here I am again! Thanks for the previous help with the Surface Pro! I just got my hands on a cheap thinkpad and successfuly installed macOS on it following a guide on GitHub. Everything seems to be working well, except for one thing, yep thats why i'm here, the battery indicator doesn't work.

Despite the guide saying that the EFI has a precise battery patched, on mine it's stuck on 1%, and the status is saying that the battery is not charging. This laptop has 2 batteries installed in it.

Specs of the Thinkpad:
Thinkpad T460s
i7 6600U
8GB RAM

Thanks in advance!
post 1 explains what files are required

Specs of the Thinkpad:
Thinkpad T460s
i7 6600U
8GB RAM

Thanks in advance!
Those are great guides, you should definitely check them !
[Guide] How to patch DSDT for working battery status
[Guide] Using Clover to "hotpatch" ACPI

Opencore guide

Edit: using pre-built EFI is a bad idea, make one by yourself and read some guides

Last edited:
Figured mine out. It was getting the correct voodooi2c patches to work with OpenCore. They are a little different from Clovers. Once I got them right, Battery and trackpad started working correctly :)

I need help in battery patching.

I created Battery patch from Rehabman Guide.
Battery Patched DSDT works on Clover but not working in OpenCore.

I created SSDT for battery
It compile without any error
But still I am not getting battery status in OpenCore.

Anything wrong with my SSDT-BATT.dsl?

Attachments

• DSDT Original.dsl
    529.6 KB · Views: 39
  • DSDT Battery Patched.dsl
    531.5 KB · Views: 36
  • SSDT-BATT.dsl
    18.2 KB · Views: 53
  • EFI (1).zip
    13.6 MB · Views: 52
Last edited:
I need help in battery patching.

I created Battery patch from Rehabman Guide.
Battery Patched DSDT works on Clover but not working in OpenCore.

I created SSDT for battery
It compile without any error
But still I am not getting battery status in OpenCore.

Anything wrong with my SSDT-BATT.dsl?
Patch looks good except for one mistake (scope should be _SB.PCI0.LPCB.H_EC, and you should delete Device (H_EC)

your big problem is with renaming patches which you apparently have none, in order for your patch to load you need to rename the methods you modified in the dsdt (RDN0, RMN0,BTIF etc) otherwise your patch will fail to load

check [Guide] Using Clover to "hotpatch" ACPI , second post (Renaming existing methods)

Hi @moh.96
I need in help too for battery patching and i'm very noob.
I followed Dortania's opencore guide and I was able to install the 10.15.7 version on catalina.
I have a Clevo NL40CU (i7-10510u, 16 gb 2666 mhz ram, kingston 512 gb nvme ssd, intel uhd 620 gpu) model laptop. My problem is battery indicator seems works but when i unplugged power source, battery indicator does not drop, always 100%. I think i need ssdt battery patch but i don't know how. Sorry for my bad English.
Thank you for your efforts.

Attachments

• NL40CU_EFI_OC.zip
    21.7 MB · Views: 40
  • NL40CU_EFI_OC.zip
    21.7 MB · Views: 36
  • DSDT_original.zip
    59.2 KB · Views: 31
Hello! Hopefully somebody will point me to the right direction! I have successfully patched the DSDT to show my battery status. However, the issue I have is that after following Rehabman's guide to hot patch the battery, I can't see the status as one would expect, which means that I'll probably have an error that I'm not able to detect. After some days of trial and error, I've decided to post my problem here... Thank you very much!
Attached you'll find my DSDT with the battery patched, plus my SSDT.dsl and .aml

Attachments

• SSDT-HP-Spectre-Battery.aml
    5.6 KB · Views: 31
  • SSDT-HP-Spectre-Battery.dsl
    29.1 KB · Views: 35
  • DSDT.aml
    204.4 KB · Views: 42
Hi @moh.96
I need in help too for battery patching and i'm very noob.
I followed Dortania's opencore guide and I was able to install the 10.15.7 version on catalina.
I have a Clevo NL40CU (i7-10510u, 16 gb 2666 mhz ram, kingston 512 gb nvme ssd, intel uhd 620 gpu) model laptop. My problem is battery indicator seems works but when i unplugged power source, battery indicator does not drop, always 100%. I think i need ssdt battery patch but i don't know how. Sorry for my bad English.
Thank you for your efforts.
Hello
So I took a look at your files and it looks good

I checked your dsdt and it seems that you don’t need a battery patch (No registers above 8 bits in EmbeddedController), but I found some in SystemMemory which may be the cause of your problem ( I have not patched registers in SystemMemory before and I don't know if it's the right thing to do), I may create a patch for you when I have some free time

meanwhile you can read and learn how to patch your battery (I was noob too but I learned :) )
[Guide] How to patch DSDT for working battery status
[Guide] Using Clover to "hotpatch" ACPI

The first guide is how to patch your dsdt, second one is how to convert your patched dsdt into ssdt

Hello! Hopefully somebody will point me to the right direction! I have successfully patched the DSDT to show my battery status. However, the issue I have is that after following Rehabman's guide to hot patch the battery, I can't see the status as one would expect, which means that I'll probably have an error that I'm not able to detect. After some days of trial and error, I've decided to post my problem here... Thank you very much!
Attached you'll find my DSDT with the battery patched, plus my SSDT.dsl and .aml
Hello, couple of notes to your patch

1- your dsdt got multiple Fields with the name ERAM so if you searched for "Field (ERAM," you will find more than one result, and you have to patch registers that are found in the rest ERAM Fields

2- Read the guide again, you missed some stuff such as you can't use Device (EC0), instead use Scope (EC0), your patch won't load if you use Device (EC0) or Device (BAT0) etc

3- you have to include only patched registers in embedded Controller with their offset, also you have to change the name of it (ERAM -> ERAX or any name)

4- you probably missed renaming patches as they are needed for the patch to load, check the guide, second post Renaming existing methods

5- upload your vanilla dsdt.aml

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back