Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> OpenCore battery patch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Attachments

• BAT-450-G4.rtf.zip
    1.8 KB · Views: 68
i just confused by Catalina open-core guide is not supposed to use DSDT on the opencore. now to patch the battery i need DSDT. i dont undersdant do i need DSDT or not ? PLease advice
you CAN use DSDT with opencore (patched DSDT to be specific), but for long use it's not advisable (cuz it will break other OS that are booting from Opencore)

The first guide explains how to patch your DSDT to get battery indicator working (after you patch your dsdt and try it using opencore and confirm battery indicator works move to the next guide where it explain how to convert that patched DSDT to SSDT)
Edit : although the second guide says it's for Clover, it's the same process for opencore

you CAN use DSDT with opencore (patched DSDT to be specific), but for long use it's not advisable (cuz it will break other OS that are booting from Opencore)

The first guide explains how to patch your DSDT to get battery indicator working (after you patch your dsdt and try it using opencore and confirm battery indicator works move to the next guide where it explain how to convert that patched DSDT to SSDT)
Edit : although the second guide says it's for Clover, it's the same process for opencore
ok, I will try but I want to know where I can download the DSDT file to patch it the one comparable with my HP450 g4 ?

ok, I will try but I want to know where I can download the DSDT file to patch it the one comparable with my HP450 g4 ?
the guides explain on how to get your own DSDT

do not use a DSDT from another machine

the guides explain on how to get your own DSDT

do not use a DSDT from another machine
sorry, i can't find a link on the guide to get the DSDT.aml the only thing i found is to press f4 on clover boot. could you please show me? how

Attachments

• dsdt.aml
    129.1 KB · Views: 41
you are the best man finally I got my DSDT.aml but I'm new to hakintosh and confused of how to patch it. can you please do it for me if possible.
I appreciate your help.
- Download and extract the files
- Copy SSDT-BAT to ACPI folder and config plist
- Copy patches to your config plist (use ProperTree)
- Make sure you have SMCBatteryManager in your kexts folder
- Restart and reset nvram

*Keep a backup of EFI in case anything goes wrong

Attachments

• HP probook450-G4-Battery-Patch.zip
    6.3 KB · Views: 77
- Download and extract the files
- Copy SSDT-BAT to ACPI folder and config plist
- Copy patches to your config plist (use ProperTree)
- Make sure you have SMCBatteryManager in your kexts folder
- Restart and reset nvram

*Keep a backup of EFI in case anything goes wrong
Hello Sir. Thank you for helping.
I did what you told me to do, but still the battery status not working.
attached my EFI. if youn don't mind could you please help me again to get it work.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    4.7 MB · Views: 71
  • Screen Shot 2020-10-29 at 2.36.33 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-10-29 at 2.36.33 PM.png
    125.2 KB · Views: 50
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back