Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> OpenCore battery patch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok so this is interesting cuz this is my first time seeing something like this where the battery patch need to be applied to SSDT rather than DSDT

I'm not sure how Opencore will handle this, I made the patch (I had to modify Rehabman's patch to fit your SSDT and made SSDT-BAT which contains the patched methods (SMBR, _BIF, and _BST), but I'm not sure if Opencore will load the SSDT, download the file below and copy SSDT-BAT to your ACPI folder (also delete DSDT, SSDT-3-SKL-ULT, and SSDT-BATT)

restart and check if battery is working, if not then then run this command in terminal and send me the output
Log show --last boot | grep -i acpi

Edit: If you wanna apply the patch by yourself then you need to convert SSDT-1-SKL-ULT.aml to SSDT-1-SKL-ULT.dsl by iasl
iasl -da -dl SSDT-1-SKL-ULT.aml

I did as you told me and the battery status still does not appear. In energy saving appears "current battery charge 0" here is the command output.
Likewise with the ssdt alone it never worked for me, I think that it is necessary to apply some patches to the DSDT for it to work, but this is my speculation based on how it worked with clover.

Attachments

• Output.txt
    50.8 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:
I did as you told me and the battery status still does not appear. In energy saving appears "current battery charge 0" here is the command output.
Likewise with the ssdt alone it never worked for me, I think that it is necessary to apply some patches to the DSDT for it to work, but this is my speculation based on how it worked with clover.
I see no mention of SSDT-BAT in the output, are you sure you added SSDT-BAT to ACPI folder and config.plist (make sure it's enabled) also don't forget to add SMCBatteryManager kext

Renaming patches are necessary for the patch to work but afaik it's applied to the DSDT and not to SSDT so I'm not sure how to do it in your case

can you send me your old EFI where battery was working?

I see no mention of SSDT-BAT in the output, are you sure you added SSDT-BAT to ACPI folder and config.plist (make sure it's enabled) also don't forget to add SMCBatteryManager kext

Renaming patches are necessary for the patch to work but afaik it's applied to the DSDT and not to SSDT so I'm not sure how to do it in your case

can you send me your old EFI where battery was working?
Yes now! I had forgotten to add it to the config.plist. SMCBatteryManager is in the kexts folder. Now I see if I can find the efi folder from when it worked for me. I have to have it uploaded somewhere.
here is the new output, I get a lot of acpi errors.
here is the post about when rehabman helped me solve it with clover and high sierra. For what it's worth.

PD: still not working

Attachments

• Output.txt
    1 MB · Views: 65
Last edited:
Yes now! I had forgotten to add it to the config.plist. SMCBatteryManager is in the kexts folder. Now I see if I can find the efi folder from when it worked for me. I have to have it uploaded somewhere.
here is the new output, I get a lot of acpi errors.
here is the post about when rehabman helped me solve it with clover and high sierra. For what it's worth.
Ok so maybe adding patched SSDT-1-SKL-ULT could force Opencore to load it somehow, delete SSDT-BAT and copy the file in attachment to your ACPI (Keep SMCBatteryManager)

Attachments

• SSDT-1-SKL-ULT.zip
    2.2 KB · Views: 43
Ok so maybe adding patched SSDT-1-SKL-ULT could force Opencore to load it somehow, delete SSDT-BAT and copy the file in attachment to your ACPI (Keep SMCBatteryManager)
it didn't work :(
Also try fakesmc kext and acpi battery manager kext and it doesn't work: Yes, I don't know what else to do
If I go back to clover, will the patch you made work for me?

it didn't work :(
Also try fakesmc kext and acpi battery manager kext and it doesn't work: Yes, I don't know what else to do
If I go back to clover, will the patch you made work for me?
I guess so, use the latest one I sent
also enable AutoMerge as Rehab suggested

You may wanna ask opencore guys on github to solve your problem

Supongo que sí, usa el último que envié
también habilite AutoMerge como sugirió Rehab

Es posible que desee pedirles a los chicos de opencore en github que resuelvan su problem
thanks for your help!

Having a battery issue. No battery icon with OpenCore. All works normal with clover. Running latest 10.15.7. Everything else seems to work normal when running OC. USB,BT,WIFI,power management, etc. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Ive scoured this thread trying different methods and I keep failing lol.
Using a Dell Inspiron 7370 8550u, UHD 620 13" 1080p Laptop

Attachments

• Dell 7370 Battery Issue.zip
    13.8 MB · Views: 40
Having a battery issue. No battery icon with OpenCore. All works normal with clover. Running latest 10.15.7. Everything else seems to work normal when running OC. USB,BT,WIFI,power management, etc. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Ive scoured this thread trying different methods and I keep failing lol.
Using a Dell Inspiron 7370 8550u, UHD 620 13" 1080p Laptop
Hi, so I took a look at your files and you don't need a battery patch, your problem probably caused by ACPI or Renaming patches ( ECDV to EC to be specific)
Using SSDT-EC and ECDV to EC patch at the same time is wrong (one one them will fail to load and it's probably SSDT-EC, you can check by running Log show --last boot | grep -i acpi in terminal and look for ACPI errors)

Try to disable ECDV to EC patch and check if battery works

If you moved from Clover to Opencore then I'd suggest you start fresh, read OC guide and decide what SSDTs your laptop needs ( I see a lot of SSDTs in your ACPI folder and I'm not sure if all of those are required, I could be wrong but I'm just saying double check your SSDTs)

Hi, so I took a look at your files and you don't need a battery patch, your problem probably caused by ACPI or Renaming patches ( ECDV to EC to be specific)
Using SSDT-EC and ECDV to EC patch at the same time is wrong (one one them will fail to load and it's probably SSDT-EC, you can check by running Log show --last boot | grep -i acpi in terminal and look for ACPI errors)

Try to disable ECDV to EC patch and check if battery works

If you moved from Clover to Opencore then I'd suggest you start fresh, read OC guide and decide what SSDTs your laptop needs ( I see a lot of SSDTs in your ACPI folder and I'm not sure if all of those are required, I could be wrong but I'm just saying double check your SSDTs)
Ok. Ive done a clean install of 10.15.7 with OC 0.6.2. Install went flawless. I removed some "cosmetic" SSDTs from my EFI and some patches. I tried booting without ECDV to EC and nothing changed. If I remove the SSDT-EC my system won't boot. I changed the SSDT-EC with the one from the latest laptop open core guide. No EC rename patches. Still I have no battery and my trackpad does not show correctly in system preferences. The trackpad works as normal and all Mac gestures work. Attached is my latest EFI and ACPI error outputs. Thanks for the response and looking at this for me. Its much appreciated.

Attachments

• ACPI Output.zip
    4.1 KB · Views: 41
  • EFI.zip
    5.7 MB · Views: 56
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back