Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> OpenCore battery patch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello - Can anyone help me create the ACPI hotpatch for my Lenovo T430? I have a clover install where everything's working. I followed Dortania's guide and was able to boot - only things not working are battery, audio, and brightness hotkeys. Attached are my unpatched DSDT.aml from Clover dump (origin) and two SSDTs that I think are responsible for patching the battery in Clover.

Have my list of values to rename as well - I think messing up the 128 bit renames
HWAK 16
SBRC 16
SBFC 16
SBAC 16
SBVO 16
SBBM 16
SBDC 16
SBDV 16
SBSN 16
SBCH 32
SBMN 128
SBDN 128

Please and thank you

Attachments

• DSDT.aml
    58.5 KB · Views: 61
  • SSDT-&BAT1-disable-yn.aml
    96 bytes · Views: 55
  • SSDT-BAT_wtx20_wtx30_x1c1th-2.aml
    1.4 KB · Views: 48
@nycxbro527

Maybe you can just find a MaciASL patch for your DSDT, that would make the creation of the SSDT easier. If you got a patched DSDT, you can diff them.

I wouldn't get why you'd own a BATT-SSDT on Clover, are you sure the changes are not directly in the DSDT? Otherwise, just reuse that, and extend it by the stuff missing?

Something else that @Mr.Crab told me is that the combination of the 15,2 board thing and the 15,3 smbios will fail on a new install. I think the installation will start but after the first reboot it will say something like "couldn't verify firmware" or something. I hope it won't be a problem when updating. Did you install the latest Catalina update? I still have to do the security update on Mojave. @vettz500 maybe this is relevant for you as well for your guide.

So I just got around to finally doing an update on my laptop. I didn't have a single issue with the update process with my SMBIOS set like the way it is. Must be a fresh install issue only, which is no big deal really. Update did it's thing, laptop rebooted and bam. No flash drive needed, no external booter needed. Amazing, I love it

Hello all !
I created the SSDT-BATT using Rehabman's Battery Patch (MaciASL) for HP ProBook 440 G2 (Broadwell). It worked in Clover but facing issue in OpenCore. I have also added the renames in the OpenCore patches config.plist. Kindly guide me what am I missing here. I am attaching the DSDT and EFI Folder.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    6 MB · Views: 80
  • DSDT.aml
    148.2 KB · Views: 63
  • DSDT.dsl
    1 MB · Views: 56
@ankitnayan

What exactly worked in Clover but doesn't in OC? Did you really only use SSDT patching on Clover, or had you also loaded your DSDT in? Copied all search/replaces to OC aswell?

Please share your working MaciASL patch, for easier work, also your vanilla DSDT if it's not already inside your EFI/.

Attachments

• SSDT-BATT.dsl
    28.4 KB · Views: 54
  • DSDT.dsl
    1 MB · Views: 50
  • HP ProBook 440 G2 Battery Patch (MaciASL).zip
    10.7 KB · Views: 58
@BlvckBytes
While going thru this Forum I saw @Las_Vegas was also having the same issue. So I tried the same and it fixed my problem. Thanks everyone for the support.

@ankitnayan
Thanks! I see you are still using ACPIBatteryManager with this config. I have improved your SSDT-BATT.aml a bit so that SMCBatteryManager.kext shows the correct Cycle Count.

I think now you can ditch ACPIBatteryManager completely.

Attachments

• SSDT-BATT.aml
    5.5 KB · Views: 63
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back