Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> OpenCore battery patch

Status
Not open for further replies.
@tashev

If you got a patched DSDT, you can create the SSDT with the corresponding hex renames from it, if you spend enough time learning it.

If it doesn't take me too long I might be able to create that for you. Going to check out your files soon.

@BlvckBytes

One more thing in order to make trackpad working I have to patch the DSDT, but have not done it in this particular DSDT I provided. I tried to make it sinple onlyt with rehab patches

Shall I gave you the DSDT that I patched the TPD as well?

Notes to myselft what I patched
=win 10 patch,
= GPIO Controller Enable Patch, and also I did modified
= TPD0._CRS method to return only "return ( ConcatenateResTemplate (SBFB, SBFG) )"

@tashev

Yes, please upload that, and also attach your current OpenCore EFI folder.

@tashev

I think I can do this easier if you'd upload your whole ACPI origin folder extracted with clover (untouched) and then provide me with the link to the battery patch from rehabman that works for you.

@BlvckBytes

Here is the original DSDT extracted using OpenCore tools. If you need them extracted by Clover let me know, I will try do so.
Inside is also the version of iasl I used for de-compiling with refs.txt

Also the EFI OC folder is attached with current dsdt patched for trackpad, no battery patched.

I have found people reporting that this patch
Has succesfully worked , but I was not able to make it work, as I use OpenCore.

Is there a way to make bootable flash with Clover the same way you can boot OpenCore from external usb drive?
If so I can give it a go.

Attachments

• OC_with_working_TPD_no_batt.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 43
  • DSDT_origin__using_OC.zip
    565.2 KB · Views: 46
No this works for me. Did you disable ACPIBatteryManager.kext in your config.plist?
Yes I removed the ACPI Battery Manager Kext and also did OC Clean Snapshot of config.plist. But issue is. still there.

@tashev

I attached the OC folder you provided me, with the following changes (FYI):

* Removed DSDT.aml - you shouldn't do that with OC
* Removed SMCSuperIO - this is for lenovo AFAIK
* Removed SMCLightSensor - this sensor won't work, if you even have one built in
* Removed ACPIBatteryManager - redundant because of SMCBatteryManager
* Removed EC patching from SSDT-USBX since that was redundant/colliding with SSDT-EC
* Added SSDT-BATT
* Added rename _BIF to XBIF
* Added rename _BST to XBST

So please just back up your existing EFI/ and boot with the attached OC folder. Then, check if the battery works out.

NOTE: Trackpad is NOT patched in this folder. If we get the battery working, I'll help you out with hotpatching the TPD0 aswell. Please, DON'T load the DSDT again, just use your old EFI/ in the meantime.

Attachments

• OC.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 51
@BlvckBytes
Hey, thanks a lot for zip, but no luck with battery, showing 0%.

I realised I made a mess with my OC, so before I saw your post I started stripping down stuff that is not really needed like you said.

Then with trial and error I made couple of attempts to make trackpad working fine(except not showing in pref.pane, as there is no battery status at the moment)

Basically I started fresh from dortania guide with all recommended SSDTs, then
* include SSDT-XOSI for trackpad
* XOSI Rename(add this under config.plist -> ACPI -> Patch):
* using unmodified DSDT I did apply following patches from VoodooI2C repo
* [Windows 10] Windows 10 Patch
* [GPIO] GPIO Controller Enable [SKL+]
* Modify TPD0->_CRS method to return following: Return (ConcatenateResTemplate (SBFB, SBFG))
* Removed kext and ACPI such as Voodooi2cHID, VoodooPS2, VoodooTSC, all the SMCProcessor
* Replaced SSDT-EC-USBX-LAPTOP with your SSDT-USBX
* I kept the rename _BIF to XBIF and rename _BIF to XBIF in config.plust
* Kept the SSDT-BATT

No luck yet, here is the final OC folder with patched DSDT for trackpad(sorry, will remove it like you said) + original DSDT+iasl+decompiled

I did try without DSDT patched and new config.plist like you told me, to avoid any errors - but no luck. Now keeping it so I have the the trackpad :)

Notice some errors in OpenCore, so here is the log from it as well.

Attachments

• OC.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 47
  • OC.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 48
  • SysReport.zip
    566.1 KB · Views: 48
  • opencore-2020-07-26-125041_patched_dsdt.txt
    256 KB · Views: 49
  • opencore-2020-07-26-125639_no_dsdt.txt
    256 KB · Views: 43
@tashev

That seems very weird... BTW, those trackpad patches are also possible to do by hotpatching (SSDT + renames), but as I've said, let's do that later on, when the battery works.

So you did boot with my whole OC folder? Because otherwise I can't make sure that you didn't miss to copy/delete anything critical to success. I reviewed the SSDT I wrote for you, and I don't see any mistakes in there... Thus, I don't see a reason why it should be stuck at 0%.

Please boot again with my *whole folder* and attach an IOREG save. Just so I can make sure everything mounted properly.

@BlvckBytes

Yeah you mentioned about those patches and I'm still reading the hot patching guide ;)

I tried with your folder and the status Is 0%
Here is the IOREG

Attachments

• tashev_mbp.ioreg
    10.2 MB · Views: 46
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back